Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoo Trip (27/09)

• 01-09-2014 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Would people be interested in a trip to the Zoo maybe on the 27th Sept?

Plan would be to meetup about 1pm, Zoo, then a coffee/drink afterwards?

All welcome of course

Vote Yes/No so I can get a (very) rough idea of the numbers.

Zoo Trip? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

That sounds fun, if I'm free I'm up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CoffeeAdict

Yeah sounds like good craic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Whoops, somehow managed to miss this thread. Yes from me for a zoo trip, always :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Definitely up for this, if I have the funds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sounds cool

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Just fyi, there's a student and senior citizen discount available, as appropriate :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Aard wrote: »
    Just fyi, there's a student and senior citizen discount available, as appropriate :pac:

Hehe my student card will still be valid then - I'm definitely in! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Any excuse to pap some monkeys haha, sounds good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Sounds like fun but I won't be able to make it.

What I will say is that I was there last Saturday with my 3 young nieces on a beautiful sunny morning. What a fantastic set up and so much more improved on my last visit probably 20 years ago! It's a world class facility that Dublin shoudl be proud of!

One tip, we arrived at 10am with no queues but when we left around 1pm the queues were unreal, so bear that in mind. (the fine weather probably brought loads out though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭Daith

ongarboy wrote: »
    One tip, we arrived at 10am with no queues but when we left around 1pm the queues were unreal, so bear that in mind. (the fine weather probably brought loads out though)

Yeah was thinking about that but trying to give people who mightn't live in Dublin time to make it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

Great Idea Guys ... But I won't be able to make it on the Saturday. Hope I can make the next one :)

Hi all,

Just a quick bump on this. If anyone is going just throw your name below.

My plan would be just to meet outside the Zoo about 1pm. If people want to meet in town first (maybe Insomnia Cafe opp Jervis on Abbey Street upper) before that let me know.

Fingers crossed that the weather will be fine :o

1)Daith

Daith wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a quick bump on this. If anyone is going just throw your name below.

My plan would be just to meet outside the Zoo about 1pm. If people want to meet in town first (maybe Insomnia Cafe opp Jervis on Abbey Street upper) before that let me know.

Fingers crossed that the weather will be fine :o
    Sounds good! Don't be shy, folks, stick yer names down :)

1) Daith
    2) Aard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'd love to go to this but money is really tight. I can get free travel to Dublin but the cost of the zoo plus eating and drinking probably puts it outside my reach.

I will say that day time activities for the forum are really cool. I'm in Cork so a day time activity means I can get an early bus or train up, spend the day with people from here and get late transport back down. And that means I don't have to spend the night in Dublin, paying for accommodation or using up two days. It's great for people living outside of the capital.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I will say that day time activities for the forum are really cool. I'm in Cork so a day time activity means I can get an early bus or train up, spend the day with people from here and get late transport back down. And that means I don't have to spend the night in Dublin, paying for accommodation or using up two days. It's great for people living outside of the capital.

Thanks for that! Pity you can't make it though. If there was an appetite I def would love to organize a meetup down in Cork. Love that city!

1) Daith
    2) Aard
    3) Ash885

I should be able to make it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Ah sugar, pity the only weekend I cant get up to Dub bloody Tipp match :( Hope to see ye all again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,102 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I might be able to make it. Not sure yet.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I'm afraid I might not be able to make it anymore. Couldn't find any accomadation due to the hurling and the trip up that early would mean a trip home early too. :/

No worries.

Folks think I'll need to cancel this. Pity!

Have a good weekend guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Daith wrote: »
    No worries.

Folks think I'll need to cancel this. Pity!

Have a good weekend guys :)

How about rescheduling for a sat in 2 weeks time or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CoffeeAdict

Sorry about not showing, up the walls with college work and I didn't have internet for the weekend :( Hopefully I'll be free for the next one

Advertisement