Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody see Panaroma show about WC 2006 violence

Options
  • 03-08-2006 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

very good documentary about the English Hooligans at WC, even though it didnt go to bad with most of the ringleaders not allowed to travel it still was bad enough, just general scum bag approach, they were doing things like grabbing brazilian flags off passing cars and burning them, throwing bottles, trying to start on anybody walking by, singing racist songs. Its a real shame because dampens everybodys fun and give England a bad name

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yes. it was a very good documentary. there is a thread about it over on the soccer board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Mossy Monk wrote:
    yes. it was a very good documentary. there is a thread about it over on the soccer board

they wont let me on their stupid board, as if I wanted to join anyway:mad: :mad:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, caught most of it. Panorama usually do good docu's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I missed it but hopefully BBC4 will show it some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭fobs

Thought it was very good and it highlighted really the yoob culture that it alive in England especially. They compared the yobbish actions to those that occur in every city at the weekend after drink. There seemed to be loads of kids and families caught up in the violence and would put off ordinary people from going to matches. There were so many there with no tickets and drinking all day and just looking for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I'd just like to agree with what has been said already by other posters - this was a very good documentary and it highlighted the side of England football fans that were, apparently, not going to be there.

It also showed the reaction of genuine England fans who were discusted (sp?) by what the "yobs" were up to.

An evenly balanced documentary, IMO.

Advertisement