Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private insurance commercial jeep??

Options
  • 03-08-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a commercial jeep for private use. Just wondering is there an issue insuring a commercial jeep for private use? Also does anyone know what companies are doing it if any?
    Taxing is not a problem for me with commercial.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,346 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Insurance companies only care about the make and model and the purpose for which you will be using the vehicle. Whether it's rated as commercial or private for the purposes of VRT, VAT and the tax disc is between you and the revenue people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

coylemj wrote: »
    Insurance companies only care about the make and model and the purpose for which you will be using the vehicle. Whether it's rated as commercial or private for the purposes of VRT, VAT and the tax disc is between you and the revenue people.

Thats incorrect. Some companies will not cover a commercially taxed vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Thats incorrect. Some companies will not cover a commercially taxed vehicle.

Insuremyvan.ie. is who I used. No connection, just a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ds82

Thank you I'd presume they do jeeps too

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ds82

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Ds82 wrote: »

Yep, that's who I have mine insured with.

Advertisement