Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance - First Car in Ireland

Options
  • 29-07-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Ireland in about two weeks (for good) and I'm going to buy a car, most precisely a Hyundai Santa Fe. I have an EU driver's license and my last car insurance policy was in 2011 because then I moved all over the place and never had a car again. My concern is on how to get quoted (and not robbed) by an insurance company for my new car. I have been a driver for roughly 5 years in Europe and never had a problem, but everytime I'm going to this "get-a-quote" websites, they kick me out right away. Any advise for a newcomer?

Thanks a lot for the help, this board is simply amazing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

Talk to someone on the phone and try to get a quote.

Then you can ring another insurer and ask them if they can beat that quote.

Then ring another...........................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sksuilleabhain

Hi Papertales,
    I am having the same problem. I've rung 5 or 6 insurance providers/brokers and haven't had much luck. The only provider even willing to quote was Axa and they are charging crazy money €1,835). It's incredibly frustrating. I'd love to hear if you make any progress.
    Regards,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 16 papertales

Hi Sarah! I will let you know as soon as I get the quote and the insurance. It is incredibly difficult to get a proper quote for a car. It is not that I'm 18 and have my first car license... but it's the way the insurance companies go to get their money. If I get a proper number, I'll post it here.
    Regards!

Advertisement