Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need a job!

Options
  • 05-04-2014 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Any production companies hiring crews? I'm graduating in a month and have experience in fiction film, production design and production management. Please contact at 3yrproductions@gmail.com :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You need to contact production companies directly, they won't come hunting for you on boards.

The best thing to do is use your contacts. Who have you worked with? Contact them again and remind them that you are looking for work.

Be polite, be punctual and don't pretend to have skills that you don't have. People will happily teach but if someone claims to be able to perform a task and then aren't able to it does not go down well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hoodmeister

Oh yeah, I know, I've contacted a lot of production companies. I'm just checking if anyone has any advice or any shorts or independent pieces they're working on.

Have only worked in college, no real work in the industry. I've done some work experience as part of my production design class on Ros Na Run, thats about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Maybe take a look at some filmmaking groups on Facebook. There's a lot of independent stuff going on. Might be no cash in it but you'll start building up a decent CV.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hoodmeister

Thank you very much, appreciate the advice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ziggy Stardust

Which production companies did you contact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Hasbo

Hoodmeister,

The Production Manager is usually the one who does the hiring so if there's any particular production you want to get on it's best to find out who he/she is and contact them.

Or if it's production design you want to work in, find the contact details for as many production designers as you can and just drop them an email saying you're looking for work.

Easier said than done I know but if you're struggling to find contacts maybe start with the crew you worked with on Ros na Run and work out from there?

Advertisement