Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another what car to get thread...

Options
  • 10-03-2008 7:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for starting a new thread but I would really appreciate some help and after reading numerous threads I still dont know what to buy!

My max budget would be €15k - I currently drive a Mazda 323 saloon (my first car) but I want to move onto something a bit bigger (not hard I know) as I am in position to be able to spend a few quid, the next car I will buy will do me for the next 5 years if not more...

sorry should have added that I would be doing about 8-10k miles a year

Could be chaning jobs too and may have to be the car a lot more as well so the above figure could change

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

well a few to mention would be mondeo, mazda 6 or octivia or passat. there you usual big saloons that should serve ya well. will it be city driving, or main roads and motorways?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

it would be dual carriageways and country roads (not grass in the midlle of the road country)

it would be dual carriageways and country roads (not grass in the midlle of the road country)

Well i like the 2.0 TDCI mondeo, or the Mazda 6 for journeys like that. there nice to waft down the carriageways. I had a mondeo zetec and loved it for motorway journeys, but city drives, my leg got cramped with clutchin alot.

I got an accord 2.2i-CTDI at the mo, and its prob the best drive ive ever had in a car.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

did you buy in Ireland or the uk?

did you buy in Ireland or the uk?

well the mondeo i bought in the UK and imported, im currently living in NI so bought the accord there from JC Campbells outside Newry near rostrevor for about 13k sterling

• Advertisement

mind me asking where abouts in the uk?

were i got the mondeo? or where im livin :)

The mondeo i got from a mate near crossmaglen in NI who got it for me in the UK. There are loads of mondeos in the UK, and i saved a bit importing it.

LOL where you got the mondeo!!

Ya I have friend who has a 03 Zetec imported from the UK super spec on it

Advertisement