Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 Starting Fault???????

Options
  • 22-02-2008 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello,
    I've resently bought an S40 1.8 2004. It's one of the first of the current model with about 68,000miles on it. For the past couple of months I've had a problem with starting. This problem is very intermittant but when it does arise when starting the engine will idle higher then normal about 1200rpm and then die off to less than 1000rpm. Other times it will start and idle at about 500rpm hardly ticking over. At this point a stamp on the accelerator will cause the car to give a cough and then fire up. Other times the car will not start at all and the engine managment warning light will come on. I've had it back to the Volvo garage twice where it was run on the dignostic software which showed up nothing. The belt drives have been replaced and the air filter cleaned to date but they are stumped. Any Volvo genius out there please help!!

Comments

Advertisement