Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to protect payment

Options
  • 29-07-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Paying for a honeymoon in September that we are going on in December. We have already paid a €1400 deposit. What is the best way for us to protect our money in the event of this company going bust. There is no indication that it is but you just never know. Advice much appreiated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Rylan wrote: »
    Paying for a honeymoon in September that we are going on in December. We have already paid a €1400 deposit. What is the best way for us to protect our money in the event of this company going bust. There is no indication that it is but you just never know. Advice much appreiated.

credit card is protected. if they go bust you can get a chargeback on the card for what you have paid. Its classed as goods not recieved.

The recent 1800hotels crash got me as i booked with them but have applied for a chargeback and going by other posters on boards its been really quick, as in a few days for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

I have set the limit on my card to €2000 though and i need to pay over 6. Presume they won't cover any loading I put on it to have it in credit.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They wouldn't cover it if the card was stolen and used fraudulently. There is a difference between that and covering you if you put it in credit and make a payment :)

Advertisement