Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galaxy S2 won't open MMS messages

• 19-01-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this? I'm with 3 using a galaxy S2 and I believe I've the settings correct but and time I get a picture sent to me it says it can't download. It worked just using the data with the picture been sent from an S3 on the same network but I'm trying to open a few pictures sent from an iPhone on another network and they won't download. I'd the same problem with pictures sent from a windows phone a while ago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

south wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this? I'm with 3 using a galaxy S2 and I believe I've the settings correct but and time I get a picture sent to me it says it can't download. It worked just using the data with the picture been sent from an S3 on the same network but I'm trying to open a few pictures sent from an iPhone on another network and they won't download. I'd the same problem with pictures sent from a windows phone a while ago

Just use email, mms is a terribly expensive ancient technology, email is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Are you trying to open the MMS on wifi? I had a similiar issue with my Samsung. Switch off Wifi and switch on mobile data and see if this works for you (works for me every time - I can't get MMS on wifi only with mobile data switched on).

south wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

No I tried it on both. I think MMS will only open using a data connection but they won't open even using this. I think it might have something to do with the size if the files I was sent and maybe they are too big to open or something. The pictures I was sent using the android opened without a problem so I think it might have something to do with iPhone/windows .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Just use email, mms is a terribly expensive ancient technology, email is free.

I would use email myself but they were sent to me as oppose me sending them myself.

Advertisement