Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S2 Won't Charge

Options
  • 12-04-2013 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

I've had my S2 since September last year but in the last month or so its started to act funny.It freezes now and again when I use the internet(becomes totally unresponsive and I have to remove the battery to restart it) and jumps in and out of car mode and SVoice sometimes as well without me pressing any buttons. When I plugged it into a PC it would charge but wasn't detectable to the PC even when I tried USB Mode.

In the last few days it had been behaving funny while charging.It charged very slowly and then yesterday it stopped charging completely so now the battery is dead. I think its a problem with the charging port. If I wiggle the charger around it will boot up and the battery sign with the yellow warning triangle will come up but if the charger moves even the slightest bit it will die again.

Its never been dropped and I'm almost sure its never gotten wet.I store it in a thick plastic case. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong and how I could resolve it? I'm guessing if I bring it back to the shop they'll have to send it away.I don't have insurance either.

EDIT: Forgot to say, it hasn't been rooted either and its been running ICS since I got it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Have you tried to use a different charger to see if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Hi chavways, apparently this is a known issue with them and if still under the 2 year warranty if will be repaired free of charge. Charging port can be dodgey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Yep I've tried using 2 different chargers in both normal sockets and USB ports but none work. I'll bring it back to CPW today where I bought it and tell them the story.

Advertisement