Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age of conception in pre-history?

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Burger Sauce

The best females would be those approaching their first pregnancy so that they would have all their breeding years ahead of them and the time you'd have to wait before they'd start reproducing would be at a minimum.

Taking 17 as the typical age of first conception this would generally mean girls in the 12-16 bracket, right?

Now, that's a simple powerful piece of reasoning and here's some data that support your prediction. Several thousand men on the internet were shown pictures of girls and women of all ages and, without being informed of their age, asked if they found them sexually desirable. The graph below shows the result. The peak is between 13 and 16. I suspect that the sharp drop under 13 is partly caused by many men guessing the girls were under 13 and being reluctant to rate them as attractive. The true rating for girls that young is probably a bit higher than that reported but still your prediction that men should have evolved find girls around 14 the most desirable appears to be smack on. Excellent thinking.

299985.png

You mean your own prediction? Bye, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 biodriven

Even in the western world the average age for first menses has dropped over the last couple of....From the link ;"A decline in the average age of menarche from 17 to 13 in Europe from 1850 to 1960 is well documented".

This statistic struck me as problematic, so I followed your link to wikipedia, and their citation to an unattainable article form the 1960's. I don't think that average menarche was as high as 17 in the 1850's. If it was, how might you explain the average age of consent laws being between 10-12 years old? Do you speculate that we were a world filled with abnormal miscreants?

Advertisement