Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scores not on Golfnet

• 19-02-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I have played two competitions this year, one a none qualifying in my home club Castleknock and another as a visitor in a qualifying event in Corballis.
    Neither score is appearing in my golfnet scores returned page for 2015.
    All scores seem to have been recorded correctly for 2014.
    Any body else having similar issues?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

The GUI are updating the golfnet website so clubs cannot upload to golfnet at present. It was due to be finished by start of Feb but this has been pushed out until start of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Poker Face wrote: »
    The GUI are updating the golfnet website so clubs cannot upload to golfnet at present. It was due to be finished by start of Feb but this has been pushed out until start of March.

Thanks mate. I did not know that.
    I presume then then I am responsible for changing my own handicap now as in normal circumstances I would be cut for my latest score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

pcasso wrote: »
    Thanks mate. I did not know that.
    I presume then then I am responsible for changing my own handicap now as in normal circumstances I would be cut for my latest score
    Correct you must always cut your HC immediately, but you must wait for .1's to be applied by golfnet.
    In your case you could use the SSS of the course if you're unable to find out the CSS, you could always contact the club to find out the CSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

Thanks for that info.
    I really hope it's done and dusted before the end of March. All this manual h/c adjustment can get messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

the open fixtures not up is a nuisance as well.I know there is BRS but the GUI one is an awful lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

the open fixtures not up is a nuisance as well.I know there is BRS but the GUI one is an awful lot better.

Yeah, you're right there. The GUI sight is handy for planning in advance and having all the fixtures in one place.

New website to be up and running on March 2th according to the front page of the current golfnet website,

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Poker Face

pcasso wrote: »
    New website to be up and running on March 2th according to the front page of the current golfnet website,

https://www.golfnet.ie new site is up are running. Just had a quick glance through it, looks good.

Couple of things for people to know. If your club is using Handicap Master for its handicapping, HandicapMaster have recommened to clubs not to upload any handicap data to the system yet as they are not happy with how it is working so you may not see any info for 2015 in your handicap.

The old system had a master login for golf clubs to allow them add open days etc, this master login is not working on new system so until this gets sent to clubs they have no way of adding open days yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

https://www.golfnet.ie new site is up are running. Just had a quick glance through it, looks good.

Couple of things for people to know. If your club is using Handicap Master for its handicapping, HandicapMaster have recommened to clubs not to upload any handicap data to the system yet as they are not happy with how it is working so you may not see any info for 2015 in your handicap.

The old system had a master login for golf clubs to allow them add open days etc, this master login is not working on new system so until this gets sent to clubs they have no way of adding open days yet.

You mustn't be looking at it on a mobile as it's a bit of a disaster to navigate. It seems to be an attempt at a mobile ready site but they've far too much clutter to see the benefit of using a mobile site.

They've launched the site but it's a while away from up and running if Clubs can't add opens. Why the couldn't continue with the old site(s) is beyond me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I created an account there but still can't log in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I created an account there but still can't log in.

I was trying to create one but need the pin as well as my GUI number off the card.

Need to order new card!

AGC wrote: »
    I was trying to create one but need the pin as well as my GUI number off the card.

Need to order new card!

I have all that done but the website seems to be down now, can't even get to log in page any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I have all that done but the website seems to be down now, can't even get to log in page any more.

Yeah I had trouble when trying to register for the West, it was constantly crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Seems they've done a bang up job. As Parlance says why they didn't leave the other one online until they were up and ready is beyond me.

Yes and they're a month behind schedule as it is, some heads will have to roll for this cock up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just had a look at the mobile site again and I think I was being a bit too nice earlier. It's shocking.

Good luck finding an open day even when it gets populated. All you get is a list of open days defined by whether it's a GUI open day in Leinster, Munster etc etc and you have to click into each one to find out for which golf club.

Well done on breaking something that didn't need fixing.

Did they give any reason for this change?

Didn't realise the new golfnet site would incorporate and completely replace the old GUI site, they kept that one very quite.
    Also at the moment there is no facilitate to view provincial specific material, they'd want to sort that out post haste.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Just created my new account on it, thought it was great that you could add your favourite open fixtures only to find the box they go into will only show 3 to 4 clubs, it doesnt give you the option of scrolling down to view them - very annoying,

Also doesnt let you pick the county to view open singles , only the province another annoying update.

Would not be surprised if this will crash on a regular basis.

All in all great new updates and set up but looks like they then messed up 1 or 2 simple bits, hopefully it gets sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

A lot of 'lists' not being shared with me. Managed to log in after registering two days ago, but handicap still not up to date and the 'more details' option goes nowhere. Not thrilled at the moment but has the potential to be ok. Work remaining.

Shambolic if you ask me. Final year project stuff going on here.
    Leave everything in place until you are sure the new offering is bullet proof

• Advertisement

I still can't log in here.

My scores for 2015 still are not showing in my playing history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Cant register on the site.
    I hope they sort it all out,it could be so much more if they do!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

My card is from 2012 so do I need a new card to get the pin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Shambolic if you ask me. Final year project stuff going on here.
    Leave everything in place until you are sure the new offering is bullet proof

+1, even spelling mistakes on the front page
    "How to Register and Login for a Golfnet Account
    TODAY
    ​Please see beow detailed information on how to register your personal or club golfnet details."

Change often takes adjusting to but the search functions and level of detail shown on main screens is just appaling. If you're going to change, make it better, not worse.

And it seems to be getting worse. Yesterday I searched for Mon 16th and a few open fixtures came back...Today none.

+1, even spelling mistakes on the front page
    "How to Register and Login for a Golfnet Account
    TODAY
    ​Please see beow detailed information on how to register your personal or club golfnet details."

Change often takes adjusting to but the search functions and level of detail shown on main screens is just appaling. If you're going to change, make it better, not worse.

As Andy Gray would say

"Take a beow son, take a beow"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

Is there any contact details on the site? if so, we all get in touch and complain. Then they might revert back to the old site or even speed up in fixing the problems!

Let the power of the forum work its magic :D

I still can't log in here.
    You have to register with the new site in order to log in and even then it might not work depending on which version of windows you are using, i.e. older ones like vista don't work.
    benny79 wrote: »
    Is there any contact details on the site? if so, we all get in touch and complain. Then they might revert back to the old site or even speed up in fixing the problems!

Let the power of the forum work its magic :D
    Seriously buggy offering, needless to say the "contact us" feature is not working, or perhaps just overloaded :pac::pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Yep. Really, really rubbish so far.

There will always be teething problems, but launching that as is was, ironically, a ridiculously amateur move.

Who didn't think the old GUI site was fit for purpose? Golfnet also did its job.

I wonder what problem this change is seeking to solve. I'm sure there's fairly good rationale but at the moment, it looks like someone sold the unsuspecting GUI some magic beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Can someone please tell me how do you go about ordering a new card?

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how do you go about ordering a new card?
    Contact your club, they'll order it for you.

You have to register with the new site in order to log in and even then it might not work depending on which version of windows you are using, i.e. older ones like vista don't work.

Seriously buggy offering, needless to say the "contact us" feature is not working, or perhaps just overloaded :pac::pac:.

see above, I have registered. Managed to log in twice but can't anymore now

Is it just me or have all opens been removed now ?
    Some there yesterday but none now. Its gets better and better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

From what I can gather it's up to the individual clubs to input the details into the site with regard to Open Competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

can't print out handicap certificates either and need them for St Andrews in a few weeks. What a farce of a setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭paulos53

Just another bug.
    I can see a list of Opens on Chrome but the list is empty on Firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 6 keladam

It's a disaster of a website. There's no search option, no means of getting on to your province & all the junior fixtures are gone!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

bailey99 wrote: »
    can't print out handicap certificates either and need them for St Andrews in a few weeks. What a farce of a setup.

Use HowdidIdo if your club is registered there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bring back the old site. It was simple and effective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭paulos53

I can see an option to download the Handicap Sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Have to say its growing on me.
    I like the handicap dashboard,how many .1s and comps entered.
    Of course the option is there to go to the olds view.

Using Chrome browser

When you login, hover your mouse over the picture icon beside your name at the top and click "handicap"

From inside the main handicap view, you'll see your list of handicaps ( playing handicap, exact handicap, lowest.... etc.... ), to the right of the that, you can " Download my Handicap Sheet ". That is your "HandicapCertificate"

Right click on the pdf document and click print

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

What is the current GUI card? When I try and create an account to log in I keep getting the error:
    "A member cannot be found for the member number and PIN provided"
    The GUI card I have has a picture of the practice range in Carton House on it, I only got the card last January.

What is the current GUI card? When I try and create an account to log in I keep getting the error:
    The GUI card I have has a picture of the practice range in Carton House on it, I only got the card last January.

On the right hand side where the Pin entry is, they have an (i), Click on that and it brings up where to find the desired information

There were updated cards distributed in the middle of the year I think as well. I seem to remember picking up an updated card from my Pro shop sometime around the summer or just before it

Website won't work with firefox but will with explorer!!

Website won't work with firefox but will with explorer!!

And Chrome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Did or does anyone else have any problems with Golfnet regarding Home rounds not showing?
    I joined a place in March , got my card and registered with Golfnet but it has been blank since. Not displaying my current handicap , saying I have played no home competitions so far this year, basically it's blank apart from two unprocessed Away scores.

Home scores and handicap changes are coming up on Howdidido.

Handicap secretary doesn't seem to know what to do.

I was just wondering if someone or a Handicap secretary managed to get it sorted if they had a similar situation in their club and what was done to sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

derra wrote: »
    Did or does anyone else have any problems with Golfnet regarding Home rounds not showing?
    I joined a place in March , got my card and registered with Golfnet but it has been blank since. Not displaying my current handicap , saying I have played no home competitions so far this year, basically it's blank apart from two unprocessed Away scores.

Home scores and handicap changes are coming up on Howdidido.

Handicap secretary doesn't seem to know what to do.

I was just wondering if someone or a Handicap secretary managed to get it sorted if they had a similar situation in their club and what was done to sort it.

If you were on Gensys I would check that your 8 digit GUI no was correct and then cross check with Golfnet to confirm.
    Then I would check that your name and other details were also correct and cross checked.
    I had a lad with a common name like Kelly a few years back, however I had mixed his details up and although he was showing up on Gensys he was blank on Golfnet.
    I'd say it's a simple admin error.

• Advertisement
Advertisement