Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Living together but separated

• 20-01-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi folks, myself and my partner have decided to end our relationship. Neither of us can move out for a number of reasons until at least the summer.

Would my ex partner be intitled to lone parents if I am still in the house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rua327

canonball5, as far as I know this would NOT entitle her to claim lone parents allowance, but that hasn't stopped a lot of people trying. Sorry to hear about your situation, but there is a targeted drive to uncover people claiming these types of allowances who are NOT entitled to them and this could be dodgy. You could move out for a few months with parents or something, but I think the allowance is / or was aimed at "deserted parents" so it depends on what you want to declare officially about the relationship. Citizens advice is your best option for an official answer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

To qualify for a One-Parent Family Payment you must:

Be the parent, step-parent, adoptive parent or legal guardian of a qualified child.
    Be the main carer of at least one qualified child and that child must live with you. One-Parent Family Payment is not payable if the parents have joint equal custody of a child or children.
    Have earnings of €425 or less per week
    Satisfy a means test
    Be habitually resident
    Not be living with a spouse, civil partner or cohabiting

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/one_parent_family_payment.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

canonball5 wrote: »
    Hi folks, myself and my partner have decided to end our relationship. Neither of us can move out for a number of reasons until at least the summer.

Would my ex partner be intitled to lone parents if I am still in the house?

No, but the rates of Jobseekers allowance (if your partner is looking for work) and One Parent Family Payment are the same:

188 + 29.80 per child dependent.

Advertisement