Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overpayment of SWA

Options
  • 20-01-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for some advice or if anyone has any experience.

So I went to post office today to collect Supplementary Welfare (awaiting FIS). Expecting one week plus 4 arrears. Got to window in post office, answered my phone got distracted, signed receipt was handed money. Put into my pocket walked back home and low and behold I got paid just over €1000 more than I should have gotten. Never even looked at the receipt properly at the time as I was on the phone. (ignorant I know)

I rang CWO straight away and left a message. Whats the situation here, how do I pay it back? I obviously just want to give back the over payment straight away. Do I just go to SW office and give it to them or what?

Any help appreciated as Im quite anxious and I probably wont get an answer from the CWO till Tuesday.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The post office should have given you a copy of the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya mate I got the receipt its defenitely wrong . Like I said I was on the phone so I was distracted. This can be easily cleared up right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Does it just say swa 1000 euro or whats the breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

it says basic rate less 340.50 and then there is a deductions section that is blank when infact it should have my part time wages. So they have forgotten to deduct my means it looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Ensure it's not rightfully yours first though, - you mention Arrears, maybe it is towards this? Does the Slip/Receipt show how many days you got Payment for, you can base it on that.

Just make sure it actually isn't yours before ya give it back as you'll have a hard enough time trying to get it back off them again lol!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement