Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving lessons in galway issue for student

Options
  • 27-05-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im an 18 year old student, unfortunately no job with not a lot of money.
    Im looking at learning how to drive .
    Originally my goal was to learn how to drive by the end of summer
    Been studying the theory test for the last few weeks and I think im ready to go, but it costs €45.

Then i need to go for lessons.

Just wondering do i really need 12 lessons?
    Should i wait until i have more money?

Also if i really only need a few lessons, would the driving instructor just say i did 12? or do they make you do the 12?

Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

You have to do 12 its not a case of an instructor just signing you off to say you have done 12. Its their name and job on the line if they do! Plus an instructor willing to just sign you off would be one to avoid!
    You need to wait 6 months before you can sit your test from the time you get your learners permit, which the theory test cant just be signed off!

The lessons are there for a reason not just for the sake of it. Wait until you can pay for them all together or you have the money coming in regularly enough to pay as you go on a weekly/ fortnightly basis. Learning to drive can be expensive and the cost if you want your own car/tax/insurance sky rockets past the cost of lessons.

Then to say the cost if you hit some one due to lack of proper training and education, if your insurance company finds out you were 'just signed off' they might not cover you at all not to mention if you kill someone.

You also never stop learning there is always more to learn when using the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Just wondering do i really need 12 lessons?

Just curious as to why you think you may not need the minimum 12 lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

just wondering .. may not need all 12 then again i may need more

Thanks for the advice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

just wondering .. may not need all 12 then again i may need more

Thanks for the advice !!

It's not a case as to whether you need them or not. You are required by law to do 12 lessons.

Advertisement