Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at DART stations North of Dublin

Options
  • 07-10-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi - I am coming in from the M1 and want to park my car at a Dart station to get the train onto the Aviva for the Germany match.

Which station would be best for car parking spaces and is safe to leave the car. I am looking at Malahide, Portmarnock or Howth Junction but any other suggestions gratefully received

I plan to be at the station about 6.00 so hoping that commuters will have mostly gone home freeing up some spaces

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Portmarnock has the most space
    Malahide is probably the nearest to the M1, might not have space
    HJ has no carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭eamonpk

Thanks for reply - are Portmarnock and Malahide safe to park a car and is either safer than the other. I have parked beside Howth Junction in the past but it just doesnt look that safe

• Registered Users Posts: 81,471 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Clongriffin should have space. I wouldn't leave a burnt out car in Howth Junction.

There's a car park at Clontarf Road but I would think this would be full from commuters until 6.30/7 and with people going to the match will likely fill quick.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Clongriffin has an underground park and ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

eamonpk wrote: »
    Thanks for reply - are Portmarnock and Malahide safe to park a car and is either safer than the other. I have parked beside Howth Junction in the past but it just doesnt look that safe

Both safe. More space in Portmarnock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

eamonpk wrote: »
    Hi - I am coming in from the M1 and want to park my car at a Dart station to get the train onto the Aviva for the Germany match.

Which station would be best for car parking spaces and is safe to leave the car. I am looking at Malahide, Portmarnock or Howth Junction but any other suggestions gratefully received

I plan to be at the station about 6.00 so hoping that commuters will have mostly gone home freeing up some spaces

Thanks in advance

whats your nearest train station without going in for the dart? You can get a commuter train from pearse at half 10 and half 11 if it suits. Or at half 9 if the score is bad.

Advertisement