Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Windmill Lane

Options
  • 07-10-2015 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hello, I'm running into a wee problem regarding parking for my college course.

I'm doing a course in Griffith that's tied with Windmill Lane Studios on ringsend rd. However, a parking permit is not included for this (they have no private spaces anyway). I'm there from 10am-4pm one day a week, and I commute from a village near gorey.

So my options seem to be pay for the street parking (I think it's 2.40/hour), commute via rail from gorey (€20 return ticket), find all day parking within walking distance from the studio, or park at Griffith (where I have a permit) and get a bus maybe on Cork St over to ringsend.

Any thoughts? All suggestions entertained and appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

You could park at Griffith, walk to the nearest Dublin Bike stand and cycle across town, leaving the bike at Barrow Street, 2 mins from Windmill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

There used to be free on-street parking on York Road outside the Fisherman's Wharf complex in Ringsend (overlooking the East Link).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

There used to be free on-street parking on York Road outside the Fisherman's Wharf complex in Ringsend (overlooking the East Link).

It's still free there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You could park at Griffith, walk to the nearest Dublin Bike stand and cycle across town, leaving the bike at Barrow Street, 2 mins from Windmill.

The closest bike Stand is on the Canal at Portobello; that's close to a mile away. There's a cycle lane along the canal as well so the commute will be handy enough.

That parking at Fishermans Wharf is a bit of a walk away depending on where you get parked but yep there's free parking on street around there. Getting space would be your main worry.

OP, one other option would be to leave your car at Greystones DART station and get the train into Pearse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

The closest bike Stand is on the Canal at Portobello; that's close to a mile away. There's a cycle lane along the canal as well so the commute will be handy enough.

That parking at Fishermans Wharf is a bit of a walk away but yep there's free parking on street around there. Getting space would be your main worry.

OP, one other option would be to leave your car at Greystones DART station and get the train into Pearse.

Thorncastle St in Rignsend has free parking and is only 500 metres away from Windmill Lane Studios.

If you get he Dart, get off at Grand Canal Dock station. It's only 400 metres from the studios. Pearse Station is 1km away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

traprunner wrote: »
    Thorncastle St in Rignsend has free parking and is only 500 metres away from Windmill Lane Studios.

If you get he Dart, get off at Grand Canal Dock station. It's only 400 metres from the studios. Pearse Station is 1km away.

Yeah I'm bad I know; I keep thinking of the thoroughfare Windmill Lane as well as the studio itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

cheers for the replies, I think I'll chance Thorncastle St, and if it falls through, I'll try the greystones method!

I'd look into the bike scheme only I have an injury at the moment that'd prevent me getting on one.

Once again, thanks folks, a big help. :)

Advertisement