Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face cream - need help

• 01-10-2007 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

my skin is in a very bad state -stressed, blotchy, pasty, dry, lined. i'm 20 and i look 35. i have frown lines between my eyebrows which is also worrying. i'm getting wrinkles already.

does anyone know of any creams or face treatments i could use? i was thinking of buying an anti aging cream, which one?

i want my youthful skin back.:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Try a dermalogica facial.

The facial includes a face-mapping which looks at all the zones on your face and then you're recommended products that match your skin type. Might be a good place to start anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tingo

I'd have to second dermalogica. A lot of beauticans use their products, so it has to be good. Alternatively you could just wander into Brown Thomas somewhere and check out the make-up counters, get one of the workers to help you pick skin products most suited to your skin. It's more expensive than grabbing one off the shelf in a shop but it is probably more effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

The person who can recommend a face cream that will deffo get rid of wrinkles will make a fortune! Sarz the only thing I can recommend is to start looking after your skin...

1. exfoliate and do a mask twice a week (I like the botanics mud mask and vitamin mask at the moment) I put the mud mask on my t zone and the vitamin mask on my cheeks. Sometimes I'll do both especially in the winter.
    2. Wear a day cream or make up with suncream in it
    3. I use a protect cream - the no 7 protect and perfect serum - as it was recently shown to have some effect on the skin repairing itself (i'll let you know if it works in 20 years ;) )
    4. Make sure you cleanse, tone and moisteurise your face and neck very morning and evening. The best toner I've found so far is the clinque toner!
    5. Try and stop frowning - keep a watch out for when you are doing it and stop immediately. Nothing quicker to age you (well except for smoking I suppose). I know people suggest botox for stopping frowning but I am not a beliver of injecting liquids into your face that freeze your muscles!:eek:

Edit--- just noticed that you said you have dry blotchy skin - maybe don't use the mud mask so and just start with the vitamin mask. Also make sure you drink plenty of water and eat plenty of vegtables. Also invest in a good moisteriser. I don't have dry skin but maybe someone who has could recommend one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kelly1979

suncream, suncream, suncream I use factor 30 on my face everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

sars - i hope you dont smoke or do sunbeds - cos that can ruin your skin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Sarz

Thanks for this advice.
    i think a facial would be a good idea. where do you get 'dermalogica facial'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

senelra wrote:
    Try a dermalogica facial.

The facial includes a face-mapping which looks at all the zones on your face and then you're recommended products that match your skin type. Might be a good place to start anyway.....
    Where can you get this procedure done? Chemist/Salon or do you have to go to a dermatologist?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Free Spirit Beauty Salon in the IFSC do dermalogica facials and are fantastic.

The Body Clinic on Wicklow Street also do them.

It would be worth your while taking a trip out to the Clarins Counter in House of Fraser, Dundrum. I went out there and spent half hour with the consultant going through all skin care needs. Skin really looks fantastic now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Well I get my dermalogica facials done in the Derma Centre in Galway, but I reckon a quick google of dermalogica+dublin (or wherever) would give you a few ideas where to go. I got prescribed certain products suitable for my skin during my first facial, and the nice beauty therapist gave me some samples to try out...so make sure to ask for some!!
    I bought what I wanted online afterwards - it's usually cheaper than in the salons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Exclusive Beauty Care on Trinity Street in Dublin. Fab place. I got my first facial there this year and learnt so much about skincare that I didn't know. i'm actually looking after my skin properly now which I really wasn't doing before.

Eileen will totally advise you on to what you should be doing and what products to use. And she won't just try and flog you the expensive dermalogica stuff. She'll actually recommend other, cheaper products that will work too and steer you away from brands that have 'bad' things added to them.

www.exclusivecarebeauty.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement