Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eye Lash perming

Options
  • 15-08-2007 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I know there have been a few threads on this already but I found a place in Dublin Grafton Street that does it for 53 euro. I went in on my lunch hour and she said it takes 1 hr 20 mins - Im just wondering is this the usual amout of time and does it sting your eyes. Do you have to keep your eyes shut the whole time.
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 candyland

Hey TinaSparkle, I had eyelash perming done in Heaven on Grafton Street. Unfortunately I didn’t look for a review before trying the place out. The perming solution was left on alot longer than 1hr 20 and some of my lashes were actually frazzled! The mix got into my eyes and it hurts way more than tinting. The result was slightly hazy vision for a few hours, sore bloodshot eyes for the rest of the day and lashes that were so tightly curled I couldn’t put on mascara properly. Compensation was an offer for eye lash tinting, as if I want more chemicals poured into my retinas!! I since found out that nahm on baggot st do perming AND have a good reputation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 candyland

My message was a rant instead of a reply to your questions. Perming normally takes about 1hr 20 mins and you have to keep your eyes shut. The solution shouldnt sting, a patch test is not required as with tinting so I reckon the solution must be gentler. The solution only stung my eyes in the last few minutes of the treatment because it was left on too long. Go somewhere reputable and it should be a pleasant experience.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

candyland - i'll have to disagree there as a patch test should be done 48 hours prior to eyelash perming because there is alot of chemicals in it, and definitely not kinder than tinting. the only reason you wudnt need it is if you had perming done before and it all went well.
    but strongly recommended either way - after all you wouldnt want to do damage to your eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

Thanks Candyland - just saw this now - it was Heaven I was talking about. I wont be going there now. Dont like the idea of having to keep my eyes shut for over an hour.
    How long did the lash perming last for?

Advertisement