Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 AF Forum mock draft

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

With the 91st pick of the 2015 NFL draft

The Dallas Cowboys select

Frank Clark DE/OLB Michigan

I like Ex-Wolverines, they have a mean streak.
    Clark has had some issues but hasnt shied away or made excuses.
    I think he's a value pick here or late in the 4th if he drops.

635517870670380009-AP-Michigan-Clark-NY115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

With the 92nd pick of the 2015 Boards NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select.....
    Denver_Broncos_Old_PHelmet.jpg
    Rob Havenstein, RT, Wisconsin
    Rob-Havenstein.jpg
    At this point in Mannings career the Broncos need to give him every opportunity to win now. That starts with the o-line. Michael Schofield is top of the depth chart at RT, and while he was a third round pick last year, he didnt see the field. If Elway doesn't feel he can keep Peyton upright, he needs to draft a potential replacement.
    Havenstein can be the guy. At 6'7 and 321 lbs he definitely has the body of an NFL O-lineman. Looking at Melvin Gordon tape you can't help be impressed by this guy.

With the 93rd pick of the 2015 Boards Mock draft the Indianapolis Colts select.....
    indianapolis_colts_helmet-14092.png

Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville
    Gerod-Holliman-Wake-Forest-1.png

Mike Adams is a decent player for the Colts secondary. However thy need a long term option opposite him. Signing Dwight Lowery means theres no rush here but he is not a long term solution. Drafting a player like Holliman would be a great option. He can come in and compete with Lowery and either become a starter straight away or somewhere down the line. Holliman didn't perform very well at the combine and had a poor 40 time but he's undeniably a great ballhawk. He made a record tying 14 interceptions last year and would be a good addition to the Colts secondary.

With the 94th pick of the 2015 Boards Mock draft, the Green Bay Packers select.....
    Green_Bay_Packers5.jpg

Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas
    8_2012_12_01_Football_vs_KState_Elisabeth_Dillon333.jpg

With one of the top offenses in the league , plus Maxx Williams, I'd expect Ted Thompson to go defence heavy in this draft. Paul Dawson filled a need at LB and I see CB as another position of need. Losing Davon House also forces the pack to go CB with at least one pick, as House was CB no.3 in the rotation last year. I feel Diggs is good value here. He's a smaller corner and not incredibly quick but he is tough and aggressive and a great technician. He can play both inside and outside and was a 4 year starter for UT

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With the 95th pick in the 2015 Boards.ie Mock Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

John Miller - G - Louisville

524999_136705843131897_1161354432_n.jpg

With the Seahawks losing James Carpenter and Max Unger to the Jets and Saints respectively, they have 2 holes in an offensive line that was already in need of some work. Grasu was taken in the 2nd round to fill the Max Unger sized gap at C, and now this GM takes John Miller out of Louisville hoping to fill the hole left by Carpenter.

Miller was a 4 year starter at Louisville and played both LG and RG during his time there. Thus, he enters the pros with a lot of experience. Despite being short at 6'2", he has long arms and uses his length well in pass protection. Analysts say he has a very quick burst off the snap, has an excellent punch, is a "people mover" in the run game and is well able to move in motion to make plays away from the line of scrimmage.

The knocks on Miller would be his height and getting knocked off balance more than he should. I have seen it said that he is only likely to fit a power scheme too, but that's perfect for the Marshawn Lynch led Seahawks.

Ironically, Matt Miller gives him a pro comparison of JR Sweezy. If the Seahawks could get a similar impact from Miller as they did from Sweezy, they'd be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With the 96th pick in the 2015 Boards Mock Draft, the New England Patriots select:

Mario Edwards Jr - DE - Florida State

Mario-Edwards-Injury.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98jhWbH0tTE

Okay, first off I'll say that he's certainly a bit of a project, he's raw, but I really like this pick at this point in the draft and especially the fit with him going to the Patriots.

21 year old Edwards Jr is a 3 year player out of Florida State. Last season he registered 44 tackles, 11 TFL and 3 sacks spending time playing at DE, DT and OLB. His versatility really is his biggest strength and I think the Patriots could get a lot of use from him in a variety of different ways. Analysts say he has good acceleration, is athletic, backs tackles up, is very flexible and has good balance and isn't out of his depth when dropping in to coverage.

The biggest knock on him would be motivation. His weight has balloned up and down over the years and there is concern about his effort. But if you can't get motivated to play for a team like the Patriots and a coach like Belichick, then what can get you motivated?

If the Patriots can get him ticking, and I'd bet that they can, I think he's a player who would be a lot of fun to watch used in numerous ways. Matt Miller gives him a pro comparison of Fletcher Cox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

With the 97th pick in the 2015 Draft the New England Patriots select:

Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn

The Patriots have Edelman, Amedola and LaFell, but their recent drafting at this position ahsn't been great so they will probably give it another shot considering how many picks they have this year (Amendola will probably be gone next year, apparently...this GM really isn't very well informed!, so that speaks to the need as well)

6'1" and 212 pounds, he looks very strong to me, not bad speed for a guy his height but more likely to take the top off a team.

Not perfect by any means. Drops a lot due to concentration issues, the NFL Draft profile says that he tends to change speeds running deep routes which leads to a lot of "overthrows" that are actually his fault and not the QB's. But with a good coaching staff ready to impress on him the importance of communication with the QB, he offers fantastic potential to provide a serious vertical threat for the Patriots. We know they have the right staff and the right QB...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

With the 98th Pick of the 2015 Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select:

Josue Matias, G, Florida State

The Chiefs have addressed their urgent need at WR, and have begun to develop their OL. They also need a good ILB but those aren't in plentiful supply at this point, so I decided to go OL again, because any time I saw Alex Smith last year he was on his ar$e after being sacked.

In that regard Matias might be a bit of a reach here, for two reasons. First, he is better as a run blocker than in pass protection, and secondly, NFL.com has him projected to the 5th round. But Walter Football puts him at the bottom of the 2nd. So, each to his own...

Matias has very long limbs, is quick-footed and excellent at reading the situation at the snap. NFL says he's susceptible to inside moves in pass protection, but his quick responses and timing point to good instincts, which means he provides potential for improvement.

(Sorry can't find much video that is focusing on Matias instead of Winston, other than his high school highlights)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

With the 99th pick in the NFL draft the Bengals takes

oklahoma-sooners.jpg

Blake-Bell-420x291.jpg

Blake Bell - TE - OU

With Jermaine Gresham as yet unsigned the Bengals need a TE to pair with Tyler Eifert. The Belldozer has only 1 year of experience at the position as he spent time at QB & RB for the Sooners. He is a big man with very high athletic upside. He would have alot to learn from a blocking standpoint but offers very good receiving ability and looks a mismatch at 6-6, 250lbs and a 4.8 40. He had a strong showing in the East-West shrine game to boost his stock.

Strengths and weaknesses from NFL.com

Strengths

Looks good on the hoof with a frame suited to addjust a little more weight. Former quarterback with a feel for space whenrunning routes against zone. Confident pass-catcher with ability to run throughsafeties and maximize each catch. Plays with competitive spirit and verycoachable. Improved by leaps and bounds as a blocking tight end. Keeps handsinside and plays with wide base and ability to sustain in pass protection. Hadreps in which he held his own against Baylor defensive end Shawn Oakman.

Weaknesses

Extremely raw in new position. Takes some awkwardangles to blocks in space and is learning how to play with better body control.Currently lacking as a drive blocker and edge sealer. Limited as a routerunner. Tape shows game gets fast for Bell as he continues to learn nuances ofposition. Separation comes from scheme of route ability at this point.

Advertisement