Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green Bay Packers Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For me, the best 1/2 combo would be Byron Jones at CB in the first, and Denzel Perryman for ILB in the second, with rounds 3-5 focused on a raw/high upside TE, a raw/high upside edge rusher and a defensive lineman (in no particular order). Finish out the draft with another CB, another ILB, some backup at offensive line and RB, and then either a project QB, safety or bpa in terms of front seven defensive players.

Returning our entire offense of consequence from last season really was a huge, huge benefit this off season, especialky since age isn't really a short or even medium term issue for anyone we have there (Kuhn and Starr's being the only offensive players with less than 5 quality seasons realistically left in them). I really hope and expect us to focus extremely strongly on defence in this draft, and we can more than afford to because the other side of the ball isn't even a remote issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

30.) Anthony ILB 62.) Pj Williams CB 94.) Lorenzo Mauldin OLB 129.) Mitch Morse OG 166.) Ben Koyack TE 206.) Brandon Bridge QB 210.) Zach Zenner RB 213.) Nick Marshall CB. 247.) Deon Simon NT

Aboves my packers mock draft..2 starters with the 1st too picks, develop LM for a year to take over for peppers, Morse is extremely versatile which is what we need for our OL, Koyaks a good blocker and was underused at Notre Dame, bridge is a project, zenner to lighten lacys load, Marshall has good size for a CB, love Simon as our future NT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I was absolutely confused by this pick - would have said that safety is a position that we were ok in and malcom Brown still on the board would have been good value .... so i hadnt done too much research on Randall! But he is gonna be used as corner - and Arizona State said the only reason they played him at safety was because thats where the need was and their system needed the best player at safety. His coverage ability would lead him to be a great corner! I know he climbed a lot up mock drafts and rankings over the last few weeks so here is hoping he comes good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

So a DB who supposedly doesn't tackle well but is a bit of a ball hawk... He'll fit right in!

Can't say I know or have watched a lot of him so will have to watch a bit over the weekend. Will be interesting to see what linebackers fall to the bottom of the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

he must tackle well going by nfl. com report. they said something like when he hits his victim he jolts them hard

he must tackle well going by nfl. com report. they said something like when he hits his victim he jolts them hard

Had a look at some of his tackles/games (slow day at work) and to me he tackles as good as or better than Trae Waynes anyways. He's not going to be our last line of defence anyways - HaHa covers and hits hard in that respect - so it may not be a massive issue. I think the not tackling well thing comes from him not smashing guys but rather just hangs on and gets them down which is good enough for me - whether that will be good enough with much bigger receivers and RB's time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Bizarre draft so far.

I'm confused right now..if we had gone Abthony or Kendricks in the1st I'd b happy now but 2 safeties/undersized CB's..e em if we were happy on tangle then y not Davis or Dawson..or even if we're goons go DB then y not PJ Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Montgomery was projected to be a first rounder before a poor senior year dropped him to the third. But at least we addressed that glaring need we had at WR, that huge chasm we had in our offence.

Next round I hope we address the need for a backup kicker. And maybe a waterboy or two.

I suppose TT will look like Einstein in two or three years' time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I woke up this morning and was scrolling through the third round thinking, why has Dawson not been picked yet. Then as I got closer and closer to the Packers thought that's handy he's fallen quite nicely then. But no, it was not to be. Strange pick considering Cobb just resigned, as did Nelson the year before, but TT usually knows what he's doing so he could be a very good pick.

I'm hoping we pick up spikes on a 1 year deal after free agencies we reli need bodies at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Packers take a full back in the 6th

Does this mean the end for Kuhn or will he get a chance to win his job in training camp?

• Advertisement

Goin looking at film of our 3 6th round picks now..ny of ye no much about em.?

Bit disappointed with how rnd 6 went..FB is a position u can pick up cheap at anytime..Backmon probably could have been picked up in free agency and Koyack and wes saxton were still available and who are clearly better..Sicknd we didn't take Deon Simon then aswell instead of Ringo..I hope u make me wrong TT but it really feels like
    A le
    Too
    WB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

I was a bit disappointed by our draft overall. We could have grabbed Malcom Brown before the Pats got him. He has the potential to be a great player and I really liked him. So for me, missing out on him was a big disappointment.

I did that thing where I watched hilights of charles woodson. He made that defence and it hasnt changed since he left, the problem is we don't have a ballhawk anything like the man

Delighted that Rodgers have Quarless the jinx there last week - saying that he was gonna make the jump this year - the dope only went and got himself arrested for firing a gun in miami - and then tried to hide hit - idiot!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500116/article/packers-te-andrew-quarless-arrested-for-firing-gun

Im sorry but thats Richard Rodgers as TE1 now and hope he makes the grade!! I know packers are one of the better teams in the league but still how can any of these guys keep doing this!

• Advertisement

if only colt lyeria wasnt an idiot!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If this comes off I will be a happy happy camper!
    The report also said the 2016 Jaguars home game in London will be against the Packers, which would trade one of Jacksonville’s most attractive home dates for the ability to sell more tickets farther away from their actual home.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/12/report-jaguars-expected-to-extend-deal-to-host-one-game-a-year-in-uk/

Oh ****ing please let this be true. ****ing hell yes

How much would that set ya back lads.?

its gonna be around 100-150 a ticket - but it would be well worth it to see rodgers and co!

Oh ****ing please let this be true. ****ing hell yes

As reigning Super Bowl 50 Champs.

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

HELL YEAH.

Would be unreal..never been to wembley before what's the viewing like

its gonna be around 100-150 a ticket - but it would be well worth it to see rodgers and co!

that is a night on the beer, no problem

that is a night on the beer, no problem

Where/what **** do you drink? :pac:

Hopefully it's true. Cost of ticket would be pretty much it bar spending money. Flights will be nothing and have accommodation over there.

• Advertisement

Where/what **** do you drink? :pac:

Hopefully it's true. Cost of ticket would be pretty much it bar spending money. Flights will be nothing and have accommodation over there.

it's more volume than price usually, but sometimes in a craft beer pub, **** the price of those things!

it's more volume than price usually, but sometimes in a craft beer pub, **** the price of those things!

Pack fans don't drink craft beers in craft beer pubs. That kind of stuff is only for cowgirl fans.:pac:

Pack fans don't drink craft beers in craft beer pubs. That kind of stuff is only for cowgirl fans.:pac:

ironic username is ironic

it was asked on inside the huddle podcast with Neil Reynolds that was it true and he said that whilst he didnt know that rodgers and packers wanted to have a game in the london. So here is hopin

ironic username is ironic

Completely nonsensical post, is nonsensical.

No need to be so touchy btw. The reason I put the pacman emoticon at the end of my last post, was to let you know I was only messing.

I'm still holding out hope.

What do we think of the new throwbacks? I like them, but I think I prefer the last ones, with the circle numbers (heresy!).

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/7/28/9059873/packers-alternate-throwback-jerseys-nike-2015-season

im not gone on them to be honest - i agree last years ones were nicer - i know that its a historical jersey but i dont think it looks great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'd absolutely love to see the Packers in Wembley. I really hope it happens in 2016. Would me a fantastic experience finally to see my own team live without having to travel to the US.

absolutely possible to get tickets - doesnt sell out quick but in saying that if packers are playing then i think it will sell out quicker than normal - prob the same for pats i assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I know it's a bit off topic but what's the handiest way to see the packers games here? I've sky anyway but they only feature a few of our games in the reg season.

Would one sign up to game pass or is there a good site for streaming the live games. Is there such a thing as a 'packers pass'!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

You can sign up for a follow your team subscription on game pass. I think it works out less expensive than the regular sub.

FIFTEEN MINUTES, LADS!! :D

Really wanna see some of the fringe guys in action.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    FIFTEEN MINUTES, LADS!! :D

Really wanna see some of the fringe guys in action.

pats tonight is it?

The qb who over inflates the ball vs tthe qb thats knows nothing abouyt underinflated balls

Godgers vs. The Brevil... yeah, I'll work on it. :o

Really wanna see Randall, Rollins and Ryan on defence, with the gaps in their positions and upside of all three.

Good solid performance. CBs look very good, so did Tolzien. Usual suspects - ie run defense and red zone offense - again cause for concern.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Good solid performance. CBs look very good, so did Tolzien. Usual suspects - ie run defense and red zone offense - again cause for concern.

What makes it worse they repeatidly went for it on 4th so looked even lamer than usual in red zone

What makes it worse they repeatidly went for it on 4th so looked even lamer than usual in red zone

I think the lack of a top TE is seriously hurting them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement