Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Projector for kids room

• 17-04-2016 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I recently did up my little girls room so that she has a play area under her bed with curtains so it's dark and it's an amazing little space for a "kids cinema" for when her friends come over.

Can anyone recommend a projector that's really cheap? It doesn't have to be anything really amazing. I only need a 20-25 inch display with the projector being about 5ft away. There are loads of projectors from China for under 50 euro but I don't know about the quality of them, and they probably don't have a 3-pin plug either. Has anyone tried out any of them and found them decent? Any Chinese sellers that supply 3-pin plugs?

I tried out a koolertron mini LED that someone had and it was not great even in a small space, but probably would have done her if it wasn't for the fact that the plug got hot quickly. A big no no especially for a child's bedroom. This one was only 60 lumens so would probably need something a little brighter. Needs to play from USB and have speakers (and be safe!!).

Let me know if you've got any suggestions! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Cheap TV and a Chromecast sounds like a safer option to me - projectors let off a huge amount of heat.

If the TV isn't tuned to anything, you can take the chromecast away to stop her watching TV sneakily late at night.

Advertisement