Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

install time?

Options
  • 09-12-2004 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

waiting 6 weeks and 4 days to get sky isntalled...
    anyone else experience this? im gonna call them up later tonight to complain.
    i got a phone call 6 days ago
    the person said im just confirming ur order....

i went balistic.

my only complaint is that i ordered it from 3g in clonmel.
    they took direct debit details and all.
    then 3 weeks later, no sky... and i got a letter in the psot form sky asking for direct debit details!
    they sent me the viewing card, so things looked promising! but same thing again.... waiting 2 weeks since i recieved all of this. and im still waiting!

does anyone know a contact number for sky that i can complain?
    i think i might just ring the centre, and ask for the department manager.

i did the same with eircom. and it got results.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as i said to you earlier on today, tell Sky you will go with a different provider and they will speed it up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

so many digital satellite providers to choose from :p:p

so many digital satellite providers to choose from :p:p

Sky want his money

there is always Chorus as an alternative :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

check out local independents and then cancel your original order, i would do this quickly though

waiting 6 weeks and 4 days to get sky isntalled...
    anyone else experience this? im gonna call them up later tonight to complain.
    i got a phone call 6 days ago
    the person said im just confirming ur order....

i went balistic.

my only complaint is that i ordered it from 3g in clonmel.
    they took direct debit details and all.
    then 3 weeks later, no sky... and i got a letter in the psot form sky asking for direct debit details!
    they sent me the viewing card, so things looked promising! but same thing again.... waiting 2 weeks since i recieved all of this. and im still waiting!

does anyone know a contact number for sky that i can complain?
    i think i might just ring the centre, and ask for the department manager.

i did the same with eircom. and it got results.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I am a reasonably long time Sky subscriber and have recently moved house. Sky quoted me a month wait to re-install me under their moving home 'deal'. I told them that I would not pay my mothly sub due to thier delay, but they said that I would have to as they are still providing their service to me!

How can they be providing a service if they can't provide me with the means to receive it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

BraveDonut wrote:
    I am a reasonably long time Sky subscriber and have recently moved house. Sky quoted me a month wait to re-install me under their moving home 'deal'. I told them that I would not pay my mothly sub due to thier delay, but they said that I would have to as they are still providing their service to me!

How can they be providing a service if they can't provide me with the means to receive it?

Talk to your local independent installer

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

as a follow up to this now lads, im STILL WAITING...
    going on 8 weeks about now.
    its christmas eve. and still no ****in sky.
    i called them on several occasions, and each time i demanded to speak to a supervisor. as they seem to have some knowledge.. each time i was told im on the list for installation...
    its funny as i know a friend who ordered about 2 - 3 weeks ago, and he got it installed 3 days ago.
    i rang sky, quoting his card number, and his name address etc, and i asked how long it would take to get it installed in a diff house. they said they can do a rush order for christmas as im a "valued customer"
    now, i told him well, its actually for a friend of mine, who lives down the road and he is waiting for over 7 - 8 weeks for sky. the supervisor told me thats not possible. i quickly told him that its actually me who is waiting, and he appologised and said he will have it sorted by the end of the week. i told him im writing a letter to the ombudsman as on more than 1 occasion i was given actual dates for installation.
    and it takes a hell of a lot to make sure someone is in the hosue when im working 10 - 11 hours a day ( including travel time ).
    i asked for compensation, and he said he will make sure something is sorted out. i asked him to send me a letter explaining why this happened, and to assure me its getting sorted.

just show's push comes to shove when you threaten to take it to outside means.
    even after his promises ( still not recieved i might add )
    but ive decided to still write the letter to the ombusdman and make sure they are contacted about this incident.

thats a tough break mike, take those bastards all the way

Advertisement