Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liteon 5001 DVD & Scart loopthrough

• 28-12-2004 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Since buying a Liteon 5001 dvd recorder I cannot get Sky to loopthrough the Liteon into the back of the TV? It was fine with the video recorder and all I done was done a straight swap with the scart leads from the video into the back of the dvd recorder. Also when I put sky on now the TV doesn't automatically go to the AV channel for Sky? No I do have a complicated set up consisting of the following:

Sky STB (1 Scart to AV1 in TV & 1 Scart into Technomate STB)

Technomate STB (1 Scart to Video scart socket in Sky STB & TV out Scart into back of video recorder)

Video STB (Line in Scart from Technomate tv out scart and TV Scart out to Line in Scart DVD recorder)

DVD recorder (Line in scart from video and TV out to TV Scart 2)

What I was wondering are all scart leads the same or do some not have all pins connected to each other as this could be a cause as when I have fiddles and swaped over scart leads I could get it to automatically switch over but then loose connections from other sources!

Are you all still with me?

Snaps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You can tell just by looking at the pins whether its fully wired or not, pin 8 is the control pin.

snaps wrote:
    Since buying a Liteon 5001 dvd recorder I cannot get Sky to loopthrough the Liteon into the back of the TV? It was fine with the video recorder and all I done was done a straight swap with the scart leads from the video into the back of the dvd recorder. Also when I put sky on now the TV doesn't automatically go to the AV channel for Sky? No I do have a complicated set up consisting of the following:

Sky STB (1 Scart to AV1 in TV & 1 Scart into Technomate STB)

Technomate STB (1 Scart to Video scart socket in Sky STB & TV out Scart into back of video recorder)

Video STB (Line in Scart from Technomate tv out scart and TV Scart out to Line in Scart DVD recorder)

DVD recorder (Line in scart from video and TV out to TV Scart 2)

What I was wondering are all scart leads the same or do some not have all pins connected to each other as this could be a cause as when I have fiddles and swaped over scart leads I could get it to automatically switch over but then loose connections from other sources!

Are you all still with me?

Snaps

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

From what I can gather your sky box is not connected to the dvd recorder. You have it connected to the technomate but there is no way to view the sky box through the technomate. The second scart socket on the technomate is an output for a vcr.You have the technomate connected to the dvd recorder ok, but as i said it is not possible to view sky digibox through technomate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

No the technomate loops the sky stb fine into the dvd recorder. Its just the final leg into the tv from the dvd recorder. I have swaped the scart lead from the dvd recorder to the tv but no joy. The Dvd recorder has to be turned on to view the video through the tv via scart? The Sky box and Technomate works fine now on AV1 in on the tv. It looks to me that the dvd recorder will not loop any source through its scart sockets unless its turned on!

Tony, I have checked all Scart leads and they all have pin 8 pins. Now when you open up a Scart plug, Not all pins are connected to cables. I have swapped all scart leads to higher quality leads but its just this problem with the dvd recorder. Not to much big deal but frustrating!

Advertisement