Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miscellaneous Facts thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Never hide your light under a bushel. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

OldGoat wrote: »
    On the subject of avatars we all know that in the computer age avatars are icons representing users but the older Hindu definition is more applicable to me.
    "a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily function form on earth; an incarnate demonic teacher." :)

According to Mrs.Goat I look like a fat Buddha, dance with the grace of Ganesha and (after a few oysters) have more hands than ShivaKali?.

Gppd post is now great OG :D:D:D

have more hands than Shiva Kali?
    Most of the Hindu gods are (at some point represented) with multiples sets of arms. It a pictorial way of showing how much more powerful they are that mortal men.

I was talking with a friend a few years ago, trying to get to grips with the panoply of gods. He said that most Hindi don't know them all either. They pick a few, learn about them and no one has the poor grace to question them about any others. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭PMBC

It was rumoured that the mantras used in TM were the names of Hindu gods

PMBC wrote: »
    It was rumoured that the mantras used in TM were the names of Hindu gods
    TM = Transcendental Meditation?
    Closest I've come to meditation is watching a video some years ago about yogic flying. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement