Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Notre Dame cough it up looking to score before the half with no timeouts remaining. Hindsight a great thing but should have been happy leading at ht I think. Not doubting their offence but they aren't exactly an explosive offence with no timeouts and less than a minute to play

Doesn't cost them anything though as the GT kicker misses another one. ND lead at the half and value for that lead

polaris68 wrote: »
    Holy fcuk, Drew Tranquil blows his knee celebrating a play. Unbelievable.

Yeah very unfortunate. Freak incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well that didn't take long. Cardale Jones benched, JT Barrett confirmed to start the second half. Watch Ohio State come back and Barrett to be starter for the rest of the year.

Well that didn't take long. Cardale Jones benched, JT Barrett confirmed to start the second half. Watch Ohio State come back and Barrett to be starter for the rest of the year.

Yep. That's what trailing at home to Northern Illnois wil do!

Leonard Fournette is a bad, bad man.

https://vine.co/v/ePBzqul1aZF

Down with an injury now! Looks like just a bruise. Thank god.

Well that's not really going to plan. I wonder how Braxton's shoulder is? :pac:

If Ohio State scrape a win here and Alabama blow out Ole Miss, you really gotta put them at #1. Ohio State have played 1 good half of football this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pegasusbridge

Buckeyes offence still struggling so Darren Lee makes an interception and takes it 55 yards to the endzone. Buckeyes up by 10 but completely due to the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Beginning of the 4th, Notre Dame up 23 - 7. VanGorder and his defense have been excellent tonight.

• Advertisement

Beginning of the 4th, Notre Dame up 23 - 7. VanGorder and his defense have been excellent tonight.

Yeah that TD called back for a hold in the 3rd was a killer for GT

Yeah that TD called back for a hold in the 3rd was a killer for GT

Prosise, ya beauty!

Georgia Tech has scored 2 TDs in the last 26 seconds. 8 points down with 22 seconds left, here comes the onside kick.

Georgia Tech has scored 2 TDs in the last 26 seconds. 8 points down with 22 seconds left, here comes the onside kick.

Notre Dame get it, drama and game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Great game here in Alabama. Ole Miss performing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

The more times I watch that the more confused I get as to how #28 Auburn attempted to tackle him :confused:

It almost looks like an american football equivalent to WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I left the ND game early to beat the crowd, got to a bar only to see gt score what was their second td since I'd left. But by any measure it was a more comfortable win than that made it look. Defence was always solid against a pretty one dimensional offense. Prosise is class too although it looked like he was playing hurt, did he go to the locker room at one point? There were some nervous moments offensively though, could have had more ints than they did. Still, a very important statement to win what was a key game anyway, with a back up qb. I was impressed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,966 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ole Miss are a serous outfit this year, the Tide have been beaten in their own house and that is no easy thing to do.

Well I spoke too soon, lead down from 20 to 6 points in just two and a half minutes.

Ole Miss int looks like it might have ended this one with just 2.36 on the clock and Bama with just one timeout.

Ole Miss do it, 43-37 final score.

• Advertisement

Seven win Steve strikes again. Just fire him already.

Week 3 alternative highlights:

Maryland hosting South Florida - not the hottest ticket in town.

OfiL6Ryl.jpg

I don't even know how to describe this.

giphy.gif

It takes quite an effort for a punt to be this bad.

https://vine.co/v/eU2DLIPiXYM

Jeremy Johnson was a preseason Heisman candidate only 3 weeks ago.

Z3sQMNK.gif

Wouldn't have counted in the big leagues, but Aaron Burbridge had an amazing catch yesterday.

https://vine.co/v/eU3YUUlIlJK

Rudy Ford - Auburn defensive back, pregame:

WNweAUJ.gif

Easier said than done, eh Rudy?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPS2I2DU8AA2Ur8.mp4
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPS-4rTWIAAp0xJ.mp4
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPTAkH9UEAAfnxD.mp4

This was pretty brutal. Eric Dungey was killing CMU on the ground, so they decided to knock him out of the game. Mitch Stanitzek was ejected from the game, Dungey was knocked out cold.

https://vine.co/v/eULAJMwq3TJ

Everett Golson with a QB block for the ages.

Blocking Daylon Mack might be advisable.

This punt was for 2 yards. With the wind.

https://vine.co/v/eULtOUd5xYq

Not often a college kicker nails a 57 yarder, but with 2 second left to win the game!?

Yet another player faking an injury to stop the clock. This one is just bad, but something needs to be done about this.

https://vine.co/v/ePutAiT5BID

Cardale Jones updated his twitter bio after being benched yesterday. Real mature.

fG3QADnl.jpg

That moment you realise that your kicker missed the PAT from your would-be game-tying last minute TD.

https://vine.co/v/ePzIAphXmFv

Kliff Kingsbury enjoyed Tech's win over Arkansas. Here's why:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Jesus that hit on the Syracuse QB was brutal

Big week this week for the Pac-12. We should see who is and isn't a contender in a blurred field.

Also eager to see how Ohio State perform. I hope Urban Meyer has committed to Jones. He's better off committing to one or the other and leaving one in for 60mins. If there are kinks, they'll be worked out on the field against non threatening opponents. I'm not liking their run first option with the QB. You have Elliot - use him. Let Cardale go deep. The offensive line needs to get a bigger push to implement the plan Ohio want though. Interesting game.

Three big games in the SEC. A&M look great so far - which is why I'm picking Arkansas for this weeks upset! Arkansas will be fired up and if they turn this into attrition they can win.

I think Florida will stifle Tennessee and win a close one.

Miss St and Auburn is interesting. I really like this Miss St team (their loss to LSU looks decent now), but feel like Auburn may just produce something, beware a wounded animal. All the form points to a Miss beatdown but I think Auburn will make it close.

Boise thumped Virginia and a great one going on right now between Stanford and Oregon State. 3rd and goal from the 2 right now for the Cardinals but the Beevers are playing tough against the run.

Cardinals have been trying to establish the run on this drive and haven't really been truly successful at that but Wright spins off the blocks and gets in for the td just now. 21-14 Stanford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Guys, I'm guessing a lot of you are based in the US but for those who are not, how or where do you watch the college football games? Or a weekly roundup show would be ideal, I find it a bit overwhelming with the amount of teams! PM me if necessary ;-) Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Online or through special boxes is how I do it anyway, though one of the channels on the UPC or Sky package actually has pretty good coverage this year, is it BT?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

BT has loads of games. Also have college gameday live (buildup show on Saturday afternoon our time), college football live (nightly magazine type show) and College football final ( the weekly roundup show).

ESPN college pass is a paid streaming service from ESPN but gives you more or less the same as the BT package but with more games.

Notre dame home games are not on TV over here, only on TV on NBC in the US but you can get that (semi) legally with a service called ustvnow.com that allows you to watch the standard US TV channels (ABC, NBC, CBS).

Also there are hundreds of illegal streams but I dont bother with them as quality tends to be hit and miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anything in the evening/late slots worth watching tonight please lads?

Paully D wrote: »
    Anything in the evening/late slots worth watching tonight please lads?

The two games on espn/BT were pretty good. Ok state somehow getting the win with absolutely no offence against Texas. That's twice now that kicking errors have cost Texas wins in the last two weeks.

Also Florida come back from a 13 point deficit in the 4th quarter to win by a point at he to Tennessee. The big play came on 4th and 14 with the margin at 6 and a long TD gave them the win

• Advertisement

This season seems to be even more of a case of Survive and Advance than normal.

TCU were blessed. Its Baylors turn this week. I can't see a BIG12 team going undefeated. I also can't see an SEC team going undefeated.

UCLA looked good but they've alot of twists and turns ahead.

I'd almost say that teams sitting on an early loss are in a better position. The likes of Bama, Stanford and Miss St don't have the weight of a 0 weighing them down and have reacted positively to a loss.

The playoff committee are going to have a near impossible job to do.

The two teams that MUST finish undefeated are Ohio State and Notre Dame. Both look solid but vulnerable so far. A loss puts them out in my opinion as it'll be 4 of the Conference winners going into the playoffs. If Ohio lose, the probably won't get into the big10 champ game.

Its impossible to even try predict.

From what I've seen so far though it'd be

Ohio st
    UCLA/Stanford/Utah
    Ole Miss/LSU/Miss St
    Clemson/Florida State

Big 12 winner missing out again and realising they NEED a championship game and deeper schedules.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    This season seems to be even more of a case of Survive and Advance than normal.

TCU were blessed. Its Baylors turn this week. I can't see a BIG12 team going undefeated. I also can't see an SEC team going undefeated.

UCLA looked good but they've alot of twists and turns ahead.

I'd almost say that teams sitting on an early loss are in a better position. The likes of Bama, Stanford and Miss St don't have the weight of a 0 weighing them down and have reacted positively to a loss.

The playoff committee are going to have a near impossible job to do.

The two teams that MUST finish undefeated are Ohio State and Notre Dame. Both look solid but vulnerable so far. A loss puts them out in my opinion as it'll be 4 of the Conference winners going into the playoffs. If Ohio lose, the probably won't get into the big10 champ game.

Its impossible to even try predict.

From what I've seen so far though it'd be

Ohio st
    UCLA/Stanford/Utah
    Ole Miss/LSU/Miss St
    Clemson/Florida State

Big 12 winner missing out again and realising they NEED a championship game and deeper schedules.

Very good point about the one loss teams. It would be interesting to see how a team that goes undefeated until say the second last game of the year, loses and then a team that has lost earlier in the year but has built up momentum throughout the rest of the year are compared against one another.

I agree though that the playoffs will be harder than ever to predict and certainly the Big12 needs a championship game to sort out its best team.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Very good point about the one loss teams. It would be interesting to see how a team that goes undefeated until say the second last game of the year, loses and then a team that has lost earlier in the year but has built up momentum throughout the rest of the year are compared against one another.

I agree though that the playoffs will be harder than ever to predict and certainly the Big12 needs a championship game to sort out its best team.

If there are no undefeated teams and multiple loss Conference winners - Its going to be carnage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

This is why I love College ball even if DII. Stonehill Down 17 with 1.02 on the clock and they go on to win the game 40-37.

I was away over the weekend so I'm only getting around to catching up on the games today, but here's Week 4 alternative highlights.

***************************************************************************************************************

College Football special teams in a nutshell

T4lpNss.gif

***************************************************************************************************************

I think he might just be offside.

CP2YWBQWoAAdKDg.jpg

I don't wanna know what play call Muschamp is calling....

ChcUPKg.gif

Utah pulled off the perfect fake punt return against Oregon.

Maryland cheerleader gets crushed. It always bugs me that these guys rarely check if the person they ran over is okay. I know it's a hazard being pitch side, but a bit of manners wouldn't go astray. Having said that, the majority of CFB skill position players are idiots so I shouldn't be surprised.

That's all I've really seen. Nothing else that really fit the alternative category apart from a few trick plays but nothing extraordinary.

BT Schedule this week

Thursday 00:30 Cincinnati @ Miami
    Friday 00:30 S Florida @ Memphis
    03:30 Conneticut @ BYU

Saturday 17:00 Iowa @ Wisconsin
    20:30 Alabama @ Georgia
    21:00 Texas Tech @ Baylor
    01:00 Notre Dame @ Clemson

Great Saturday night viewing.

Heck of a lineup today.

Saturday 3 October
    5.00pm – Iowa @ #19 Wisconsin (LIVE,ESN)
    8.30pm – #13 Alabama @ #8 Georgia (LIVE, ESPN)
    8.30pm – Texas Tech @ #5 Baylor (LIVE, BT Sport 2)
    1.00am – #6 Notre Dame @ #12 Clemson (LIVE, ESPN)

Plenty more great games not on TV too.

Josh Doctson just made a circus catch too, TCU already curb-stomping Texas. Baker Mayfield has also picked up where he left off before the bye for Oklahoma as they lead 7-0.

Michigan State struggling against Purdue, only up by 3 with 3 minutes left and they have to punt.

Sparty force an incompletion on 4th down....but they're flagged for holding. Purdue could actually do this! 1 minute to go.

Edit: And the dream is over. Oh well :(

• Advertisement

Slugfest in Georgia.

Cardale Jones needs to be benched. He has been awful and is holding this offence back.

Cardale Jones needs to be benched. He has been awful and is holding this offence back.
    Yeah and maybe he can try WR and make swap with Miller. Miller is the best QB on that team imo, I like Barrett too but for me Miller is better.

eek not a good start for the irish

edit:looks like this is going to be a blowout

D has to come up big here again for the Irish. 14-3 down at the minute. Offense will figure out the Tigers D as the game goes on but the D has to keep them in it for now.

So after a horrendous first couple of minutes the Irish D has been outstanding. Only problem is the offense has been awful, I just don't know about Kizer, he didn't even see open receivers on multiple occasions. OL not doing a consistent job either but they have given Kizer plenty of time quite a few times and as I said he hasn't even seen open men. Running game getting nowhere because our passing game is so poor. Hopefully Coach Kelly can get them sorted out at halftime and they can go on and win this. Go Irish!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The run game has been atrocious too, the hand offs have been glacial pace, like they're terrified of dropping it. And yeah kizer managed on one long throw to pick out the one receiver who was covered. And these turnovers... Only so much can be blamed on the weather and noise. Kelly looks lost on the line.

21-9 now, the offense seem to have finally figured things out but it's the 4th quarter with 14 minutes left to play and Clemson have the ball.

If the D get a quick stop here there is a chance, get another one and the pressure is firmly on the Tigers not to blow it after leading all night.

24-16 now, need the D to stop them from scoring now. Irish are coming but it could be too late. Kizer has looked a lot better on the last two drives.

Ah ffs, they get the stop and Kizer throws a bad pick on 1st and 10. :(

The D has been outstanding for most of this game. Irish have the ball back again, still a chance to tie this up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement