Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEED GOWTH

Options
  • 17-05-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I know of a location and last summer it was producing good perch and roach, the odd rudd.
    It was quite weedy but with a good raking a swim would produce good catches. At the end of summer last year I was observing the water and spotted what I thought to be tench bathing at the surface on a hot day ( they were alot bigger than anyting I had caught there ). I started doing a few trips this summer, good 10 by now, and havnt seen ONE fish. The weed growth was suprisingly high.

What my question is, could the amount of weed growth of affected the oxygen levels therefore killing off the fish? has anybody ever experienced this?

Advertisement