Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

eagle eye wrote: »
    I know it will never happen but I'd seriously consider benching Brady and Gronk for Sunday night. I've seen quite a few of the Broncos games this season and a number of players on their D go out to hurt players imo. I'd rather have s healthy Brady and Gronk after that game.

Sounds like someone starting to make excuses :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What's that? You'll have to speak up, I can't hear you behind those losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,947 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SantryRed wrote: »
    How is my question **** stirring? You've literally just said that the referees treat Brady differently to other QBs in the league? What makes you think that they do?
    He didn't actually say that. The wording he used was 'most other QBs' so he wasn't saying that Brady is treated differently to everybody else.

Excuses, I'm saying I'd pretty much throw the game by benching the Greatest Quarterback of all time and the current best Tight End in football.

That's not excuses, that is me saying that it would be better to throw the game given our current OL problems than let those two on the field against a defense that looks to me like it's purposely going out to injure players.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

How is my question **** stirring? You've literally just said that the referees treat Brady differently to other QBs in the league? What makes you think that they do?

If you read the post correctly and assuming English is your first language, you should be able to see that the poster did not say what you claimed they said. Looking up the meanings of - 'it might' & 'most other' will hopefully help you.

And since you're not a Pats fan and judging by how you jumped on a simple commentary trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It looks like you're lurking in this thread looking for an opportunity to stir s**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He didn't actually say that. The wording he used was 'most other QBs' so he wasn't saying that Brady is treated differently to everybody else.

Ok then, why did he say that Brady gets treated than 'most other QBs'? Basically the same question.

Ok then, why did he say that Brady gets treated than 'most other QBs'? Basically the same question.

Here, read this......
    Putin wrote: »
    If you read the post correctly and assuming English is your first language, you should be able to see that the poster did not say what you claimed they said. Looking up the meanings of - 'it might' & 'most other' will hopefully help you.

And since you're not a Pats fan and judging by how you jumped on a simple commentary trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. It looks like you're lurking in this thread looking for an opportunity to stir s**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

For the record I actually thought SantryRed asked a question and wasn't trolling and can we please not turn this thread into a fricking b1tchfest over his question. To be fair to him he never stirs the pot like some of the other regulars on here.

No words for the first line here.

Neither are you right? Aren't you a Saints fan? This quote Pot Kettle Blck really. Why is it everytime you feel the need to defend the Pats and also actually stir the pot more? I don't get it. You got your knickers in a twist more the Pats fans in here did and actually attacked SantryRed with your comments.

Anyways back to football. Low risk maybe?

http://nesn.com/2015/11/terrell-owens-wants-to-work-out-for-patriots-play-with-tom-brady/
    Get your popcorn ready: Terrell Owens wants the New England Patriots to give him a call. Despite not playing in an NFL regular season game since 2010, Owens told the Boston Globe’s Gary Washburn that he’d love an opportunity to show New England what he’s got in the wake of the team’s onslaught of injuries.

“Would I be open to it? Considering an organization like the Patriots? Yes,” Owens told the Globe. “Knowing Tom (Brady) and understanding the structure of what Bill Belichick (does), how he runs his ship, I have no problem with that. A lot of people will obviously speculate into what I may bring from a negative standpoint to that organization.” Reputation aside — which Owens told the Globe he isn’t concerned with — can the 41-year-old still play? “Am I capable of playing? Absolutely,” Owens said. “Do I consider myself in top game shape? No.

But could I come in a help a team? Yes, absolutely. “I still know how to play the game enough to be productive. Could I get myself in better shape as the season goes on? Absolutely.” Owens briefly was under contract with the Seattle Seahawks in Aug., 2012, before being cut. He has 1,078 career receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/11/terrell-owens-wants-to-work-out-for-patriots-play-with-tom-brady/

• Advertisement

JCTO wrote: »
    For the record I actually thought SantryRed asked a question

Reading the post correctly might have saved him from asking that question.
    Neither are you right? Aren't you a Saints fan? This quote Pot Kettle Blck really.

Yes and I'm the only one who posts in the Saints thread. I read other team threads, but unlike the other poster, I don't jump into other team threads and attack a regular fan for no reason.

A basic understanding of English should make anybody see that it might & most other does not mean what the other person claimed it did.

Why is it everytime you feel the need to defend the Pats and also actually stir the pot more? I don't get it.

Not really sure what you're raving about there, but the last time I posted in this thread was 10 months ago and that was to show my respect for the your teams great performance against the Ravens last January.

Now I can't be certain, but I've a feeling you've sniped at me in other threads in the past. So I'll ask you nicely, what ever baggage you may have towards me, please get rid of it.

Yes and I'm the only one who posts in the Saints thread. I read other team threads, but unlike the other poster, I don't jump into other team threads and attack a regular fan for no reason.

You just did. Today.
    A basic understanding of English should make anybody see that it might & most other does not mean what the other person claimed it did.

So what if he misread it. There is better ways to point out his mistake with asking him does he understand English which is nothing more than a d1ck comment.
    Not really sure what you're raving about there, but the last time I posted in this thread was 10 months ago and that was to show my respect for the your teams great performance against the Ravens last January.

My apologies let me clarify not just this thread but any thread that involves the Pats.
    Now I can't be certain, but I've a feeling you've sniped at me in other threads in the past. So I'll ask you nicely, what ever baggage you may have towards me, please get rid of it.

What the fook are you talking about? There is not a poster in here that I haven't argued or debated with and its nothing personal. I have no ill will of you as a person nor do I hold any grudge or have any "baggage" toward you as a poster. I don't even know you.

For the record I actually thought SantryRed asked a question and wasn't trolling and can we please not turn this thread into a fricking b1tchfest over his question. To be fair to him he never stirs the pot like some of the other regulars on here.

Agree with this. He could have phrased it better but to get jumped on the way he did really surprised me. Was gonna defend him but it's gotten awfully cliquey in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

For the record I actually thought SantryRed asked a question and wasn't trolling

Sorry, if somebody wants to ask me a question. Then leads into that by saying that's absolutely bollocks, then they can fúck right off imo opinion and not waste my time. I've no time for dealing with that kind of stupid, inflammatory, childish bullshít. I always like to treat other posters with respect and as adults on this site. So if someone isn't able to interact with me without using such stupid shyte talk, then I won't be engaging with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Moss > T.O.

All day long and twice on sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Was gonna defend him but it's gotten awfully cliquey in here.

Conspiracy Theories forum > > > > >

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

So JCTO, just for the record. Are all us non-Pats fans not allowed to post in any Pats related threads and would you prefer if we didn't express any support for ye in the likes of the psigate thread ect? Because that certainly seems to be what your saying to Putin and it comes across as very arrogant. Oh btw, I'm a Colts fan, I think our ownership are ****, Grigson is a bollocks and I believe Luck is way overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Areyouwell wrote: »
    Oh btw, I'm a Colts fan, I think our ownership are ****, Grigson is a bollocks and I believe Luck is way overrated.
    Posts like that are always welcome here :P

BTW, I literally burst out laughing when I read that :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can we keep this on track and about the Pats, you all know the rules, bitching posts will be deleted, multiple posts will lead to a ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

Seeing on Twitter that Patriots have placed Aaron Dobson on IR.

Yeah Dobson to IR and Dewey McDonald re-signed. After LaFell and Amendola it's pretty slim pickings at WR now.

Amendola back in practice yesterday apperently and talk of him playing sunday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, any intentional flaming or trolling and you will be taking a week off.

Please dont feed the trolls any further, report the posts or drop me a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, any intentional flaming or trolling and you will be taking a week off.

Please dont feed the trolls any further, report the posts or drop me a PM

Sorry for replying to this heli, but I just want it put on thread that I was not intentionally flaming/trolling in this thread at all.

*Not aimed at you, I just want it on here*

I felt I asked a legitimate question to something which I felt was a silly opinion. I chose not to reply since I was jumped on so much and accused of all sorts, and couldn't really be bothered when I just asked something completely legitimate.

Also, nice to see that the 'Saints' fan and the 'Colts' fan are so well endeared to the Patriots fanbase :pac:

Sorry for replying to this heli, but I just want it put on thread that I was not intentionally flaming/trolling in this thread at all.

I felt I asked a legitimate question to something which I felt was a silly opinion. I chose not to reply since I was jumped on so much and accused of all sorts, and couldn't really be bothered when I just asked something completely legitimate.

Also, nice to see that the 'Saints' fan and the 'Colts' fan are so well endeared to the Patriots fanbase :pac:
    I''m sorry but if you are going to have a say afterwards then I feel I can too.

It's quite simple really, when you start off a post by saying I'm sorry, but that is absolute bollocks, then you are already going at somebody. Asking a question after saying that is just pointless because you are basically giving him your answer before you even asked the question.

I've no problem with anybody here at the moment but I do wish that some people would just take a moment and think about what they are posting before they do it.

• Advertisement

Santry, I agree with what eagle just said. You asked a question yet made a predetermination with the absolute bollocks comment before it. You didn't even wait for my clarification before coming out with something derogatory like that. So to me, it seemed like you were just jumping in trying to make something out of nothing. Now I've never had a problem with you in the past, but when I see that kind of language in a post, I just switch off tbh.
    I've a feeling that might have been flagged if it happened to most other QB's

'I've a feeling that might' - in other words it's just guesswork. I'm just speculating there. It is not a definitive statement, nor was it intended to be. Ironically, I specifically used those words so nobody would misinterpret what I said.

'most other QB's' - to me it is clear that I wasn't speaking about every other QB in the league, just some of them.

I'll also take you back to last season when scumbag Ndamukong Suh deliberately stood on Aaron Rodgers leg while he was lying on the ground. I gave out shyte about the officials big time it in the WWAW thread after it happened.

All of this from a post that could have been worded better. Such nonsense this thread has turned into. Pats fans and non Pats fan attacking a guy over nothing really. Santry got attacked from regulars and those just popping in to take a crack also and it really wasn't called for. Ridiculous at best at this point build a fooking bridge and get over it. Santry could have worded his post better but lets not lynch him over it. Honestly it was a valid question if you remove the absolute b0llocks part of it.

On a last note I am an arrogant pr1ck and I wont deny it and yes I have attacked people in the past and after have apologised. If and when I do it the posts are never personal for the most part unless you attack me with a personal jab then all bets are off. But we are all human and sometimes posts get the better of us but trolling someone who made a mistake on a post or taking a post out of context to try get one up is a dick move as is flying into a thread just to take also and it doesn't matter what thread that is. I have done all of these things and not proud of them either.

Corvus and EE can we build a bridge and move the fook on at this point? Group hug????????? Anyone?

Corvus and EE can we build a bridge and move the fook on at this point? Group hug????????? Anyone?
    I'm fine TO, I don't have a problem with anyone. I was just pointing out how that post would come across to most people when you start it off like that.

All of this from a post that could have been worded better. Such nonsense this thread has turned into. Pats fans and non Pats fan attacking a guy over nothing really. Santry got attacked from regulars and those just popping in to take a crack also and it really wasn't called for. Ridiculous at best at this point build a fooking bridge and get over it. Santry could have worded his post better but lets not lynch him over it. Honestly it was a valid question if you remove the absolute b0llocks part of it.

On a last note I am an arrogant pr1ck and I wont deny it and yes I have attacked people in the past and after have apologised. If and when I do it the posts are never personal for the most part unless you attack me with a personal jab then all bets are off. But we are all human and sometimes posts get the better of us but trolling someone who made a mistake on a post or taking a post out of context to try get one up is a dick move as is flying into a thread just to take also and it doesn't matter what thread that is. I have done all of these things and not proud of them either.

I have nobody to hug because I have issues with nobody here. As you said, we all are human and I think my reaction to that initial post was both perfectly understandably and a normal human reaction. Now some seem to have used it to take swipes at each other. Unfortunately I have been attacked and been blamed for all that happened privately.
    No it wasn't a Mod or santryred.

A few months ago in The WWAW thread, I jokingly said I was on the point of nearly putting an explanatory disclaimer after my posts in this forum. And after what happened in here recently after my simple comment, it makes me feel that a future disclaimer might be a good thing. Anyway, for reasons I prefer not to elaborate upon in public, if anybody is thinking about it, please don't thank this post.

195132_5_.jpg

So back to serious matters, Titans play you guys week 15, do you expect BB to drop a game at some point?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

195132_5_.jpg

So back to serious matters, Titans play you guys week 15, do you expect BB to drop a game at some point?

considering how banged up the whole team is from O line to receivers, it wouldnt surprise me. He played a second string against the Bills in the last game last season, even with the bye being the week after, so taking an extra break didnt hurt them then and I think they need a break even more this year. The regular season bye was really early this year, so it's been a struggle since injury wise.

The only thing is, I'm not sure how the "perfect season" will play out if it gets to week 15 in tact. Considering how 07 fared out, I really dont give a sh1t about the perfect season. It would be great, and particularly after this off season and the chances of Brady being MVP and going a perfect season would be a great F you to the league, and it would also be nice to shut those annoying 72 Dolphins up, but at the end of it all, if I had to chose between taking a break and being in better shape for the playoffs, then thats what I'd prefer.

Sadly Titans fan are scrabling to make sure we lose against the pats even if they field a weakened team as it will likely knock us down a spot or 2 in the draft if we manage to get the win, id expect BB to leave starters in to get a cushion and then stick in the back ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Im just glad the game i am going to this year is not a nothing game and that stuff is still up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The perfect season talk could end this week.
    The Bronco's D are quality, and given where our OL is, it's gotta break at some point.

I still pick the Pats to win, but Gronk is being kept in to block, missing Lewis/Edelman, a banged up Amendola that now will also miss the game, La Fell still not looking 100% close to last year, and even losing Dobson hurts at this point. Brady's options may look as bad as the 2013 AFC game. Unless the OL has a good day and frees up Gronk, it's going to be a struggle on offense.

Having such an early bye has not helped. 12 weeks straight is too much to ask of the body when players take such a pounding.

It's kind of shame that we didn't get one more Brady v Manning. But the Broncos have to give Osweiler the start. The Pats D is going to have to keep this in the 15pt range.

Up to 10 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow by some models :eek:

More than likely to less than half that, but still a high chance of a snow game which would suit us well.

It's going to be some test of McDaniels' ability to gameplan, to figure out a winning formula with so many missing pieces. A ****ty, snow filled day might be a serious boon to us.

I'm not one that gets excited about snow days for the Patriots. Part of Brady being the GOAT is that he can play in any weather but we really don't know how other players will react.

The only thing I care about tonight is the OL. They have to protect Brady and I really don't care nearly as much about the result as I do about protecting Brady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

230am, setting alarm for 730 am, putting the coffee on and watching the whole lot!

BKWDR wrote: »
    230am, setting alarm for 730 am, putting the coffee on and watching the whole lot!
    If you are in central Europe then it's 2.30am, if you are in Ireland it's 1.30am.

I actually think if Martin actually plays him and Harper can make the difference for us tonight. The Broncos will underrate them and both could possibly offer us the added option especially Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

The only thing I care about tonight is the OL. They have to protect Brady and I really don't care nearly as much about the result as I do about protecting Brady.

Amen. Their last game was a disgrace, so they need to make a big improvement against the Broncos.

Regardless of who was playing QB for the Broncos or defense, this is a game I've been expecting to lose since the schedule came out last May. Mainly because we don't tend to travel well for games at Mile High. So a win for me would be an unexpected bonus.

If the pass rush can keep up it's performance levels, I think we have a good shout. I'm expecting a lot of Blount, here's hoping he can have one of his good games.

Damn Denver and their stupid start time. I've a very early start in the morning so I'll probably miss most of the game.:(

I watched the early games and went to bed at 9.30pm and set the alarm for 1.15am. All set and ready to go now, Go Patriots!!!

Some people think I'm insane getting up for a game when I'm working in the morning, I tell them they don't understand what it is to be a real fan of a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Nice start on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its not going as badly as I had feared yet :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Hightower gone to the locker with a knee, questionable.

Fantastic.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Thanks for that idiotic ridiculously late hit on Brady, Miller.

LaFell should have had that!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If James White had confidence, he'd be dangerous.

Every time a defender puts a hand on him, he goes down without much effort. It's like he's never broken a tackle in his life, so why bother

Even on the TD against the Bills where he broke a tackle, it seemed like he was schocked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement