Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating MS certs

Options
  • 15-10-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I did my MCSE quite a few years ago and did a few certifications since then . Last month I got laid off (the IT jobs are moving overseas), and decided to do some contracting.
    To that end I am doing my CCNA last week and this, but was wondering if the MCSE is valued that much in the marketplace? Also, as the current server OS is 2012, I assume a newer version will be outquite soon, and there will be a new MCSE cert route soon?

TIA
    Eoin

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

After the CCNA , get the MCSA in server 2012. That'll be enough to get you a half decent job.Theres a lot of 2012 installs around the place , it isnt going anywhere soon.
    I'm still dong server 2003 migrations on sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

horgan_p wrote: »
    After the CCNA , get the MCSA in server 2012. That'll be enough to get you a half decent job.Theres a lot of 2012 installs around the place , it isnt going anywhere soon.
    I'm still dong server 2003 migrations on sites.

Thanks, yea working on a site now that only just got their DCs to 2008, so even though server 2016 or whatever it will be called will be out next year I reckon we'll have a good bit of work.

Thanks
    Eoin

Advertisement