Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air France / City Jet

Options
  • 10-06-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

has anyone ever tried to register a complaint with air france? i had an issue with them recently and tried to call them using the number on their website. got stuck on the never-ending queue with the only option offered was to call a uk number. called that and, guess what, another pointless queue costing me a tele-packet. finally decided to use the on-line form and lo and behold, someone called me. no caller id so couldn't call them back. got an e-mail from them answering a question i didn't ask and using an address which i couldn't reply to. only option was the on-line form again, filling out all those pointless boxes. no response. THREE TIMES!!

tried calling city jet as they are the partner. guess what?
    "we've no contact number"!!

feel obligated to say that AF / CJ staff on the ground and in the air are top class. it's just the support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Are Air France unique in this regard? Seem to remember other posters having problems with Aer Lingus and Ryanair.

However, I heard the European Consumer Centre (or whatever it's called) on the radio today and they were saying that if you have a problem with an organisation from which you purchased a good or service in another country, that they would help you out. You might consider giving that a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

mosfo wrote: »

tried calling city jet as they are the partner. guess what?
    "we've no contact number"!!

Is Cityjet their partner? If there's an issue with Air France I don't think Cityjet will be able to help you.

But no harm trying. They've piles of contact numbers.
    http://www.cityjet.com/contact/contact/head-office.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Yeah CityJet do their Dublin - London City Airport route. Which seems to be alwayus cancelled these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mosfo

get this. i just received another e-mail from them (which i still can't reply to) telling me that the issue has been closed!!!

i feel a crusade coming on...

mwah mwah

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is Cityjet their partner? If there's an issue with Air France I don't think Cityjet will be able to help you.

But no harm trying. They've piles of contact numbers.
    http://www.cityjet.com/contact/contact/head-office.html

CityJet is a division of Air France and operate some routes under AF branding. Theres also another company operating planes as "CityJet for Air France" to add to the confusion, but not out of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I once complained to Air france. Got a reply alright but for what the reply contained they needn't have bothered. I remember being warned before I complained (on her actually) that i might as well be complaining to the wall and that turned out to be the case.

Advertisement