Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.
    Halo CE from TMCC (Xbox One) - Back in the day, I can see what the fuss was about.
    Halo 2 from TMCC (Xbox One) - I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC (Xbox One) - Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.
    The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Do not recommend.
    Halo 4: TMCC (Xbox One) - Excellent, the graphical leap from 3 to 4 is generational. Got me so excited for 5.
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Replayed it on hard, excellent game, still probably one of the best titles for the handled.

Adding Flower (Vita and PS4) - Replayed it on both, it's just so good. Cross buy is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Shadow of Mordor - Xbox One - Loved this game
    Wolfenstein - Xbox one - I found this a chore to finish the longer it went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita
    Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4

Virtua Tennis 4 - Ps Vita
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4 (campaign completed and prestiged in mp)

Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [3DS]
    Far Cry 4 [PS4]
    Metroid Prime [WiiU]

Adding:
    Infamous: First Light [PS4] -Decent little expansion, short but shows you a good look at what Second Son is like as a whole.

Contrast [PS4] - Got this on PS PLus. The world in this game is wonderful. The mechanics are a little clunky but they do some cool things at times. Reviewed a little bit harshly in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Halo CE from TMCC (Xbox One) - Back in the day, I can see what the fuss was about.
    Halo 2 from TMCC (Xbox One) - I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC (Xbox One) - Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.
    Halo 4: TMCC (Xbox One) - Excellent, the graphical leap from 3 to 4 is generational. Got me so excited for 5.
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Replayed it on hard, excellent game, still probably one of the best titles for the handled.
    Flower (Vita and PS4) - Replayed it on both, it's just so good. Cross buy is great!

Adding Ori and The Blind Forest (Xbox One) - Brilliant game, my favourite completion so far this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games finished so far this year:

PS3
    Metro Last Light
    Murdered: Soul Suspect

Adding:
    Sleeping Dogs: Really, really enjoyed playing this and it was a great game to dip in and out of. A really interesting campaign and well worth playing

Valiant Hearts: A great little game. Gameplay is nothing special but the story is great and the ending is heartbreaking. Gorgeous music in it as well.

DmC: I never played any of the other Devil May Cry games so I had no expectations of this game. Considering the hate that's out there for it, I thought it was a great game that romped along at a nice speed and really enjoyed messing around with all the different combos.

Arkham City: Finished the campaign and some of the side missions. Feck trying to find all 400 Riddler trophies. Great game and one I'll be going back to finish off some of the other side missions I haven't done yet.

Journey: A perfect little gaming experience that really gives you something different and something special. Loved it.

PS Vita
    Child of Light
    Unfinished Swan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Contrast [PS4] - Got this on PS PLus. The world in this game is wonderful. The mechanics are a little clunky but they do some cool things at times. Reviewed a little bit harshly in my opinion.

I thought Contrast was one of the best games I played via PS Plus on the PS4. Loved it. Definitely came in for a lot of undeserved criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wolfenshteen The New Order done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding to my list, new ones in bold:

PC

- Far Cry 3: fun game but a bit of a slog in the end, felt like I rushed through the final act.
    - The Walking Dead Season 2: Didn't have the same impact on me as the first one, but really enjoyed it all the same - obviously it's more an interactive story than anything else!
    - To the Moon: More story than game, tugged the ol' heartstrings for sure!
    - Lego The Lord of the Rings: played the campaign in local co-op with my wife, very enjoyable.
    - Batman: Arkham Origins: Really liked this one, even though was worried due to the many lukewarm reviews. Didn't come across a single bug, graphics were great, story engaging enough and collectibles far less annoying/boring than usual.

Android

- Leo's Fortune: This little platformer looked and played great; I hooked my Nvidia Shield Tablet up to a 40 inch TV and it still looked damn sweet. Short game, not particularly difficult, but fun.
    - Shadow Blade: Fun action platformer, needed to use my Nvidia Shield Controller to play. Think it's now available on PC via Steam as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Assassin`s Creed Black flag ps3
    Last of Us ps3

Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4

Syndicate - Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr. Speedy

Still havent completed Mount And Blade Warband Native XD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Xenji wrote: »
    Persona Q
    Criminal Girls: Invite Only
    Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
    Suikoden 1
    Suikoden 2
    The Talos Principle
    Alien Isolation

Hotline Miami 2
    Dead Or Alive 5
    Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
    Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
    Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
    Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

Hotline Miami 2...epic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding to my list, new ones in bold:

PC

- Far Cry 3: fun game but a bit of a slog in the end, felt like I rushed through the final act.
    - The Walking Dead Season 2: Didn't have the same impact on me as the first one, but really enjoyed it all the same - obviously it's more an interactive story than anything else!
    - To the Moon: More story than game, tugged the ol' heartstrings for sure!
    - Lego The Lord of the Rings: played the campaign in local co-op with my wife, very enjoyable.
    - Batman: Arkham Origins: Really liked this one, even though was worried due to the many lukewarm reviews.
    - Botanicula: Point-and-click from the makes of Machinarium; gorgeous visuals, quirky music. Fun but very short (I did have to refer to a walkthrough for one puzzle, was stumped)

Android

- Leo's Fortune: This little platformer looked and played great; I hooked my Nvidia Shield Tablet up to a 40 inch TV and it still looked damn sweet. Short game, not particularly difficult, but fun.
    - Shadow Blade: Fun action platformer, needed to use my Nvidia Shield Controller to play. Think it's now available on PC via Steam as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr. Speedy

Empire Earth
    Mount and Blade Warband and With Fire And Sword

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Adding an excellent game to my list of finishers,
    wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest

a gorgeous game that doesnt outstay its welcome and has some really tight platforming.

now, back to dark souls to try and finish it before the end of the month.........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Wind Waker HD.

First playing playing it on any platform. It was rather special. :)

Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    Syndicate - Xbox 360

Counter Spy - Ps Vita

• Advertisement

Adding Resident Evil Revelations 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blaithik

Thomas Was Alone - Got it in a Humble Indie Bundle a while back, forgot about it, came back, cried at the ending. Go play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally put one of my white whales to rest last night, took me nearly a year to do it , on and off. Tempted by NG+, but not for now

Wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Dark Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

So far this year:

PS3
    Crysis 3
    Thief
    Prince of Persia

PS4
    The Order 1886
    Infamous First Light

Adding to the list:

PS4
    Shadow of Mordor
    Valiant Hearts
    Transistor

Persona Q
    Criminal Girls: Invite Only
    Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
    Suikoden 1
    Suikoden 2
    The Talos Principle
    Alien Isolation
    Hotline Miami 2
    Dead Or Alive 5
    Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
    Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
    Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
    Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra

Bloodborne
    Pillars Of Eternity
    Final Fantasy Type-0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Darksiders
    Darksiders 2
    Dead Island
    Pokemon X
    Bloodborne shall be finished tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Xenji wrote: »
    Bloodborne
    Pillars Of Eternity
    Final Fantasy Type-0

Jesus! 3 rpgs(ish for bloodborne) that have only come out in the last fortnight or so... You must've had some seriously late nights!

Jesus! 3 rpgs(ish for bloodborne) that have only come out in the last fortnight or so... You must've had some seriously late nights!

Insomnia has its benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games finished so far this year:

PS3
    Metro Last Light
    Sleeping Dogs
    Valiant Hearts
    DmC
    Arkham City
    Journey

Adding:
    Arkham Origins: Don't understand the negativity directed towards this. I didn't experience any bugs in the game and I think I actually preferred it to Arkham City.

Alien Isolation: Scared the bejasus out of me but I echo other people's sentiments that it is slightly overlong and there are points near the end where fear gives way to frustration. Also, after such a long game, feck that abrupt ending…

PS Vita
    Child of Light
    Unfinished Swan

Adding:
    Counterspy: I enjoyed this but it's a pity there wasn't any real variation at all in it.

• Advertisement

Flower (Vita and PS4) - Replayed it on both, it's just so good. Cross buy is great!
    Ori and The Blind Forest (Xbox One) - Brilliant game, my favourite completion so far this year.

Adding Child of Light (Xbox One) - It was ok. I bought into the hype expecting something special. It was pretty and charming but the mechanics where very simple and boring.

Advertisement