Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good morning Spook, a good taxi driver thread!.

Options
  • 05-12-2008 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd brighten Spooks day with a good taxi driver thread for a change!.

I pulled into a filling station on the Terenure Rd last night, down from the KCR heading towards town.

No problems so far, but then stupid Martin went and put €15- petrol into my DIESEL car!.. In a blind panick I couldn't remember which was the more serious - Petrol into Dieself or diesel into petrol, sat there cursing all and sundry.

But two taxi driver's obviously seen something was wrong when I told a driver behind me to "FVCK OFF, I'M BROKEN DOWN" when I couldn't drive away from the pump (I'm drive an auto too so pushing it was out of the question too).

Anyway, one rang a mechanic friend of his, who told me to fill up the tank with diesel and it would be fine, GREAT but I didn't have the money & my credit card was at home`..

"No problem" the other driver said "I'll fill it for you & we can hook up and you can pay me whenever you have it" .. :eek:

Couldn't believe it, took the fill up and went on my merry way. Hooked up with the guy later and everyone is back in their happy place!.

I'm raging I didn't take their roofsign numbers, I'd have rang the regulators office and passed along the good news.

Now Spook, a happy taxi driver thread!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

An automatic? Putting in petrol instead of diesel? Has some blonde girl hacked into Mairts account?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

He was obviously a taxi driver before deregulation. Don't you know it's only the ones who signed up after that are pure evil and give taxi men a bad name. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

In Barcelona, jumped into a taxi with three mates and asked the taxi man to bring us to the best club in the town. He brought us on our merry way, driving for about 15 minutes or so. When we got to the club, it was closed.

The taxi man started to apologise profusely (I speak spanish, was chatting away with him the whole time) and offered to bring us to another clutter of smaller clubs/pubs.

When we arrived, he refused to take any money and despite me offering he insisted it was on him as he'd wasted some of our time.

(I know it's not Ireland, but still, shows there are some decent Taxi men out there)

Advertisement