Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mince Pies -Yay or nay

Options
  • 04-12-2008 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

I LOVE mince pies, my ma had to buy them just for me at xmas as i was the only one who liked them.

Now as an adult NO ONE I KNOW likes them except me, I cant be the only one

MINCE PIE LOVERS SPEAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a mince pie lover? 140 votes

Yay
    0%
    Nay
    62%
    TwoShedsJacksonLex_DiamondsseamusStarkDas Kittysuper_furryChongKoldJohnKloyatemuAgent SmithPonsterDavey DevilkleefarrKiithTony HMr. Presentablepyramuid manbrianthebardmurfie 87 votes
    Bangers and mash
    37%
    CodeMonkeyjimmycrackcormDiddy KongUser45701Naosomb0wyn5ehpij9fifthCrowdedHousewhiskeymanc - 13Lariannecee_jayKierabikogerrycollins[Deleted User]missmattyBig Knoxmetaobliviazzxx 53 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I am not usually a mince pie lover but last year we bought some from a local bakery in Galway and they were the nicest I have ever tasted.

The one thing that always puts me off mince pies is the acidity levels. You end up with terrible heart burn.

If you are in and around Galway, look out for Sweetie Pies mince pies. They are delicious.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Nay
    yay!

but boo to the Heartburn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Nay
    i never get heartburn from them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

NO ONE I KNOW likes them except me, I cant be the only one

MINCE PIE LOVERS SPEAK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :confused: When I bring them into work, they're devoured in seconds.

In saying that, when growing up, I was the only one in the family who liked them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nay
    Homemade mince pie's = yes
    Bought mince pie's = no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nay
    The ones you buy in the shops are powdery muck to be honest.

Home made FTW !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nay
    A resounding HELL YEAH! to all mince pies.

The poll is flawed by multi choice btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Nay
    Mmmmmmmmince pies and custard!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Nay
    Feckin gorgeous!

The ones in puff pastry in M&S are to die for.

Nyom nyom nyom nyom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Nay
    Yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Nay
    A homemade mince pie and a cup of tea = nyom. I think I might make some this weekend to keep the energy levels up while putting up the decorations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Bangers and mash
    A big resounding no from me here.

Real question is, who likes Christmas Pudding? The mother makes it every year, I've yet to see one person eat it. (And she's a good cook!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

:confused: When I bring them into work... <Snip>
    I wanna work where you work. No-one gives me free mince pies :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bangers and mash
    I hate pudding and mince pies!!

Speeeewww!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Bangers and mash
    they always seem to have cinnamon in them. VOM. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Nay
    I never liked them as a kid, But the more you eat them, The better they get! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Nay
    I love the ones with the icing on top. Not a true pie but tasty nevertheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

Nay
    I'm not a huge fan of eating them, but they're growing on me. I do like making them along with Christmas cake and Christmas puddings, chutneys and spiced beef. Homemade all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nay
    Poll needs a + Cream = double yay option.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

Nay
    I really feel like some mince pies now - mmmmm.
    Is it Daybreak that are giving free mince pies when you get a tea or coffee? Anyone try them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Nay
    Epic yay to mince pies.

I'll gladly eat the ones you buy in shops (particularly the M&S ones!), but a good homemade mince pie is a true gastronomic delight. Extra points for a splash of custard over them.

Oh, and Christmas Pudding seriously rocks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Nay
    Melange wrote: »
    Epic yay to mince pies.

I'll gladly eat the ones you buy in shops (particularly the M&S ones!), but a good homemade mince pie is a true gastronomic delight. Extra points for a splash of custard over them.

Oh, and Christmas Pudding seriously rocks too.

apart from the custard ( every manbearpig to their own ) i agree 110%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Nay
    Yay. They are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Nay
    For years I didnt like them at all, and then I started making my own mince from scratch and now I <3 em!! ny0m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Nay
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Nay
    Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I never liked them as a kid, But the more you eat them, The better they get! :D
    That.

I don't think I ever ate them as a kid. I only really discovered them in the past few years. Now I( get through as many as I can around Christmas. No cream or custard or any of that nonsense, just plain delicious mince pie. NYOM, NYOM!
    Naos wrote: »
    A big resounding no from me here.

Real question is, who likes Christmas Pudding? The mother makes it every year, I've yet to see one person eat it. (And she's a good cook!)

I like pudding, but I hardly ever eat it because I'm too full from mince pies.
    Worst thing about pudding is that it makes the roof of your mouth really really dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nay
    If I could get away with consuming nothing but coffee and mince pies, I think I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lovemypinkhat

Nay, well I've never tried one but I'm not too fond of currants and raisins and all that malarkey anyway.

More for ye mince-pie lovers woo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

Bangers and mash
    No, double no actually.

I grew up in australia with mince pies, real ones with just mince and gravy in them. Then i get to ireland and theres none. Then one christmas i see mince pies, out with one take a bite, and it has fruit and sugar in it? Whats happening?

Love pudding though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Not a big fan myself, but my father takes this time of the year to up his consumption from 2 boxes of mince pies a week (Feb - Oct) to 3-4 boxes. Doesn't matter the type, or where they're from (though he's a fan of Tesco's ones, I think), they all get hoovered up.

Advertisement