Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Management Smurtfit

Options
  • 23-07-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Has anyone an idea of the workload and total hours per week for this course?

Also, what was your background, any previous experience in the business sector?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Non whatsoever, but I'm starting in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Are you living over that direction?

Glad to hear there is other people with no business experience doing it so

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    Are you living over that direction?

Glad to hear there is other people with no business experience doing it so

Yeah, a law graduate but I've absolutely no business experience. Thats what it was designed for I think.

How long after your application did you find you were accepted?

How long after your application did you find you were accepted?

Pretty quick, tbh I wasn't actually logging in and checking as I assumed they would email me, but I'd say 3 weeks. May have helped that I'm a ucd graduate so they had instant access to my records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭number13

I'm also interested in this course however the part time option. Just wondering what jobs people got out of it? Just graduated with a law degree 2 also part time

• Registered Users Posts: 2 henhog91

I'm starting at Smurfit in September doing the Msc Management p/t, does know anyone who might have done the course and have reading lists etc. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 henhog91

Has anyone an idea of the workload and total hours per week for this course?

Also, what was your background, any previous experience in the business sector?

thanks

The woman on the phone on the phone told me that you have to do about 15 hours estimated study per week if you're doing it p/t and about 30 if you're doing it full time (presumably). I'm doing p/t so don't quote me on that.

You don't necessarily need experience just a good BA degree in any discipline.

The portal opened the other day so we could get some info.

Orientation is on the 1st and accounting starts from the very first week. Timetable will be available last week in August.

errlloyd wrote: »
    The portal opened the other day so we could get some info.

Orientation is on the 1st and accounting starts from the very first week. Timetable will be available last week in August.

Where is the portal? I can't seem to locate it for this programme

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Where is the portal? I can't seem to locate it for this programme

You should have gotten an email about it a while ago.

The only email I received was the one saying I was offered a place on the programme

So in an email today they revealed that orientation is on September 1st at 8:30am, no dress code and no need for a laptop. Accounting will start on week 1, but they haven't published that timetable yet.

I registered last week for my modules - obviously we're just picking times, not actual modules.

I've never done any sort of accounting before, at any level. Do you think they start fairly basic?

I would imagine the level of accountancy will be fairly basic throughout. It's catered for people with no business acumen, so you will be fine.

Advertisement