Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Of all the frames in all the world and ya had to walk into... [his]

Options
  • 16-07-2014 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭

Have you seen this story which has been doing the rounds. Gizmodo also covered the story (though the actual photos are better on the first link).

The one about the photographer caught in anothers frame? 6 years later, and kinda crazily and somewhat randomly contacted across social media to say, is that you?

They are saying that there could be 880 billion photographs taken in the year (ok, significantly less if you just take one scene). But what are the chances of you finding yourself, or being found by someone else in another's frame.

Through here I did find myself in one of Buzzlightyear's photos and though I didn't know him, given that he lives relatively near me and we both like photography, it probably isn't that surprising.

Apart from organised photowalks or photo picnic's or shoots, have you ever found yourself in someone else's frame like totally random. Someone you don't know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I found myself on google maps standing outside liberty hall. The one you posted seems really far fetched but possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Yes. I photographed a kite competition in Portugal a good few years back and about three months later found myself in the photography gallery on the website of one of the competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Yep! Found myself twice on Flickr in other folk's shots, once on the Fintown railway in Donegal, the second time in the background of another's steamtrain shot in M3 Parkway.

Advertisement