Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MovieDudes review : Erin Brockovitch (may contain spoilers!)

Options
  • 09-01-2003 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Erin Brockovitch used to be a beauty queen but now is an unemployed mother of 3 children and to make things wurse her two husbands have walked out on her without paying child support (boo!). Erin has big tits and likes to dress like a prostitute in order to get her way with men.

One day Erin gets in a car accident and employs a lawyer called Albert Finney to defend her in court. Erin loses the case because she has a fowl mouth and says some bad words to the judge. Afterwards Erin blames Finney for losing in court and gets in his face so much that he gives her a mickey-mouse job filing documents just to shut her up.

However, whilst snooping thru these files Erin disovers that a company called PGandE have been poisoning the water supply to the people of some redneck town in southern californa for years! Erin tells Albert Finney and they decide to sew the company.

All this legal work leaves Erin v.busy so she gets her next door neighbor 'BikerDude' to mind her kids in exchange for sex. After about six months of being Erins manbitch BikerDude has had enough and leaves her for a HarlyDavison and the open road.

Finney eventually wins the people of hicksville ca. $333million dollars and everyone is happy (except for PGandE of course - lol). Erin gets several pay rises throughout the movie and finally a cheque for $2million dollars for her 2 years work at Albert Finneys lawfirm.

Movie Dudes rating : **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

So we won't be seeing any of your contributions in the general media then.

WTF:confused:

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

are you the guy from the simpsons or what??

also learn how to spell

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

1. Albert Finney was the ACTOR'S name, not the character's name. The character was Ed Masry.

2. Did your mommy let you stay up and watch it last night? (No adult I know spells that bad!)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

talk about your third rate review, sheesh.

Panda dudes rating: -*

imo its a good film, and worth about 4 stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

enjoyed the film. It's a true story as far as I remember.

MovieDude
    Get a job
    Your skillz in movie reviewing need work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

"May contain spoilers"

Hmmm, how's about "May contain nothing but spoilers, no personal views at all except for a star rating out of some undefined number"

Did you like the movie? Hate it? Is it two stars out of two? Three? Forty-seven (it'll be a cold day in hell when I recognise Missoura)?

Your parents must be so proud. Their six year old being able to write such a good review and being able to spell so well also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

FAO: Movie Dude

[Why did you call the thread a movie review?

1) You spelt the name of the movie wrong?
    2) Its not a review, it's a very brief and bad summary of the film's main plot.
    3) You said it may contain spoilers, well it did, all over it. I know it was a true story and all but jaysus dont rehash the whole plot.
    4) You cant spell.
    5) If you have no opinions on things dont review them?

PS: Don't give up your day job.]

I thought it was a very good film probably Roberts best performance since Pretty Woman.
    Albert Finney was quite good too.

IMO it deserved at leat 4/5 stars.

Methinks Soderbergh would have got an oscar for it but then again he did win it for Traffic the same year which was a better film IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Movie Dude.
    As an amature Journalist, I can tell you something that you might have overlooked. A flimsy relay of the plot does not equal a review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Why did you bother reviewing this film?? it's been out for ages... RTE even have it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

seriously you work for RTE don't you... you eh spent money on a film that either no one wants to see or seen ages ago...but you made promises didn't you...you promised the advertisers that they'd get seen, didn't you... DIDN'T YOU!? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, thats why he reviewed the movie the DAY AFTER it was shown! :rolleyes:

- Dave. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Classic review, more of this please - a rather good, humorous, to the point, non (but not anti) pro-feminist cut down of a rather poor movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

worst review EVAR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Movie Dude.
    As an amature Journalist, I can tell you something that you might have overlooked. A flimsy relay of the plot does not equal a review.

Amateur.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

meanwhile... tiz an ok film, some funneh's worth watching for eh your wan, pritty woman! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by TmB
    Yeah, thats why he reviewed the movie the DAY AFTER it was shown! :rolleyes:

- Dave. :)

its RTE lUIKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Jeez give the guy a break. All movie critics had to start somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

All movie critics had to start somewhere!

It's just a shame a few more of them didn't start by throwing themselves off high buildings, eh? :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's a pity he isn't the lad who writes the movie previews on Aertel...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Robbo
    It's a pity he isn't the lad who writes the movie previews on Aertel...
    now THAT guy can write a review:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

I'm thinkinging this am great review. Is wrote rite for peoplez wit learning dis abiliz. Thank youse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

it's a funny toungue-in-cheek review, you bunch of humourless fukwits. by the way, erin brokovich appears in the movie - she's the waitress in the diner when julia roberts is bringing her kids out for some grub after losing the court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by joey D
    it's a funny toungue-in-cheek review, you bunch of humourless fukwits.

No, it's not funny and no it's not a review, - it is, as already stated, "a flimsy relay of the plot" with no real mention of whether the film is any good or not and HOW it's any good or not.

Oh - and calling people "humorous fukwits" - yeah, that's a good way to get them to take you seriously... nicely done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Looks like you all scared off Movie Troll anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

It would be interesting to compare joey's and Movie dude's IPs :E

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Movie Dude, come back all is forgiven, your review inspired me,
    if only all critics were as perceptive as you in deconstructing modern cinema classics for the simple man on the street.

Can you do a review of "Cool Runnings", I'm having trouble reconciling the main characters emotional problems with the harsh and hostile environment of Olympic bobsledding

I'm going to sit here in the Films board awaiting your return...

Advertisement