Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upcoming Films 2003

• 06-01-2003 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Good list. I'd throw in Gangs of New York as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

The Matrix Reloaded & The Matrix Revolutions

Ohh yes . can't wait and also the enter the matrix and animematrix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gangs Of New York
    Daredevil
    Hulk
    X-Men 2
    Matrix Reloaded
    Matrix Revolutions
    The Ring
    Terminator 3
    LOTR: Return Of The King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

the pianist is meant to be one of the greatest films of all time.
    directed by roman polanski, seen a few sites say its gonna be nominated for a few oscars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Legally Blonde 2!!

I can't wait tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Until i hear differently Terminator 3 ****ing sucks ass. Jonathan Mostow, ancient looking ageless machine arnie, gargantuan budget, crap script. Nonsense.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Other than LOTR:ROTK, and the few Superhero movies... I can't say I'm looking farward to anything. Maybe the Matrix films, I enjoy a bit of eye-candy.

But I find that the best films are the ones that come from nowhere. You've never heard anything about them, and they just pop up in the cinema... Something whispered from a friend as a reconmendation... Late night TV Trailer that never gets shown again... Some film of the week on some back-water site.

Yes, these my friends are what is to be looked farward to.

The sweet suprise of under-ground film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

LOTR III
    Matrix II & III
    The Hulk
    X2
    Exorcist : The Beginning

Not sure about T3 - Cameron isn't touching it with a 50ft barge pole so its probably ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

MATRIX 2 AND 3
    LOTR 3
    GANGS OF NEW YORK
    YE ALL FORGOT DUMB AND DUMBERER

Draco: I'm guessing this prime example of perfect posting belongs in here rather than in its own thread.

i haven't heard much about exorcist 3. it can't be worse than all the other sequels. william peter blatty has an awfully inflated sense of his own talent and his scripts are awful. full of non stop exposition and explanatory dialogue. friedkin saved the original by giving the audience a bit more credit.

and i think he also had plastic surgery, by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

LOTR: Return of the King *drool*

X2

Gangs of New York

Catch Me If You Can

The Matrix Reloaded and The MAtrix Revolutions

Terminator 3 (curiousity mostly)

The Pianist (to compare it with Senor Spielbergo's "Schindlers List")

When Harry Met Lloyd: Dumb & Dumberer (probably wont live up to The Jim Carrey one but I'll look forward to it anyway)

Not in that order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

Next to all those lovely blockbusters im lookin forward to quentin tarantinos new movie kill bill. it looks absolutely class. cant say im lookin forward to the excorcist prequel though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

aye lookin forward to kill bill and return of the king myself
    and gangs of new york,but ill be seeing that on sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The Exorcist prequel looks interesting; Empire certainly seem to be quite taken with it, which is a good sign.

I'm not prepared to write off T3 as quickly as everyone else either. A friend who's working on the tie-in game and as a result has seen a lot of stuff about the movie has basically said that the trailer doesn't show any of the really clever stuff, which is interesting.

Obviously the Matrix sequels and ROTK are very, very high on the must-see list.

I still haven't seen a European release date for Equlibrium. I want to see that film baaaad.

Wild horses couldn't drag me to see yank pop tat like 8 Mile or the Jackass movie. I hope they bomb in Europe and reaffirm some of my faith in mankind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sure, I'm looking forward to the biggies (Matrix sequels, LOTR:ROTK, X2 etc.). But there are some others on my radar too....

The Good Girl (Jennifer Aniston's new one.... looks great), The Pianist (new Roman Polanski movie), About Schmidt (Nicholson's new one), Auto Focus (Paul Schrader's biopic of Bob Crane), Phone Booth (Colin Farrell - due for release in the US (finally!) in March), Final Destination 2 (saw the trailer over the weekend - looks like fun), Dumb and Dumberer, Tomb Raider 2 (can't be any worse than the first, can it?), American Wedding (American Pie 3), Jeepers Creepers 2, SWAT, Kill Bill, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (remake in the style of Blair Witch - sounds interesting!), The Last Samurai (Tom Cruises next one), Freddy vs. Jason, Charlies Angels 2, Bad Boys 2 .....

Looks like being a better year than last one, anyway....

- Dave.

Solaris

Punch Drunk Love

The Pianist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

House of the Dead looks dumb, but good. Hell, any chance to see Clint Howard in a film is fine by me.

Adaptation (the new Spike Jonez/Charlie Kaufman film) looks real interesting, and I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

Beyond Re-Animator. Wow.

Ghost Ship should be out soon. It hasn't gotten many good reviews state-side, but has been compared to the Fog, which is one of my favourite films, so it demands a look.

I'm also really hoping that Bubba Ho-Tep gets a release here. The story: "We find Elvis(Bruce Campbell) as an elderly resident in an East Texas rest home, who switched identities with an Elvis impersonator years before his “death”, then missed his chance to switch back. Elvis teams up with Jack(Ossie Davis), a fellow nursing home resident who thinks that he is actually President John F. Kennedy, and the two valiant old codgers sally forth
    to battle an evil Egyptian entity who has chosen their long-term care facility as his happy hunting grounds…". Could be the greatest film ever made.

A brief side-note: I thought the Exorcist III was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Assuming its out this year, kevin smiths 'Jersey Girl'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Shinji
    I still haven't seen a European release date for Equlibrium. I want to see that film baaaad.

Wild horses couldn't drag me to see yank pop tat like 8 Mile or the Jackass movie. I hope they bomb in Europe and reaffirm some of my faith in mankind.

Yes, Equilibrium looks like a very good film indeed.
    And I shall definetly be out to see it if it does get a release.

But frankly Shinji, hoping that either Jackass or 8mile are going to bomb is just naive. With the amount of idiot skangers in this country alone, it's obvious that they're going to invade the cinemas like rats for 8mile... And every teenager is going to rush out to see Jackass like a big hoard of cockroaches.

And, such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭aine

January looks like being an excellent month at the cinema with at least one new release a week that is well worth seeing, ST-nemesis wasnt great but for any trekies still worth a visit, this week sees gangs open which allow though it isnt doing as well as it was thought it would stateside it has been hyped up so much its sure to have a good few weeks! 8mile, you may well write it off as "pop tat" but Mr Mathers is widely tipped to get an Oscar nomination for the role ( granted he is practically playing himself but thats beside the point!) I wouldnt knock it or him till Ive seen it!

February might not be so good with a few sequels winging their ways to our screens, Final Destination 2 and Analyze That! one question how can you have a second final destination?? surely if they had known they were going to make a sequel they should have called the first one penultimate destination or something along those lines??! then of course we'll have Hugh Grants latest offering as the "gosh golly im so great" kind of guy in Two Weeks Notice.....judging by what ive seen of it label it serious chick flick and give it a miss! there are a couple of kids movies due for release in Feb, a Wild Thornberries special and TReasure Planet, where treasure island goes into space!

saving graces of the month for me are probably gonna be Daredevil and possibly Narc with Ray Liotta! oh and I think Solaris is due out round the end of the month too that should be worth seeing!

Antwone Fisher, Denzel's first directorial project will be worth a visit in early march just to see whether or not hes as good behind the camera as is in front! and Brosnans Evelyn also looks really good! other than that March is Colin Farrell fest with Phonebooth finally being relaeased and also The Recruit! one of my fave up and coming actors going head to head with Al, one of the all time greats! it will if nothing else show Mr Farrell's true colours...lets hop he lives up to expectations!

To the best of my knowledge there isnt anything very exciting to look foward to in April, maybe Identity with John Cusack, personally Im cant wait for him as Batman!

May has the blockbuster double of Xmen 2 and the Matrix REloaded. 'nuf said!

I think I'll stop there otherwise I'll be here all day.....so 2003 looks ok at the box office:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Obviously The Return of the King :)

I just downloaded the trailer to Kill Bill and that looks like it will seriously rock as well.

Plus the 2 Matrix films :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Im looking forward to roman Polanskis The Pianist.

also of course The ROTK
    The 2 matrix movies
    T3
    HULK ..altough as a child i used to hide behind the couch everytime he turned into the hulk so it might bring back night mares :(

I cant believe I forgot the Pianist!! considering Polanskis own background, and no I dont mean the part that now excludes him from entering the US, the film should be one of the most potent made about the era!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Films i'm looking forward to seeing... but gotta wait till after my tests next week to see city of god. meant to be class.

City of God
    The Transporter
    and of course the Matrix films :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Legally Blonde 2!!

wha wha what, they are actually making a sequel i am so looking forward to that, along with;

The matrix and em the matrix
    Gangs of new york
    das terminator
    Die hardest not sure if its this year or next i also heard a rumour of a new Rocky movie, is it true?

rocky movie is on the cards but I dont think anybody has been signed up for it yet, apparently the storyline is that he trains his son and he becomes champion or something! it wont be this year anyway might not even be ready for 2004, they've been talking about it for a while though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Bad boys 2 as well.

The first one was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

cant wait to see 8 Mile :)

mate saw it in the US and says its really good and the man himself is quite good in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I hope Kevin smith gets some film out this year. Either jersy girl as some one already mentioned or Fletch won! Though im not sure whats happening on those 2 projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

2003 does look like a good year for films and heres my list;

Catch Me If You Can
    Two Matrix films
    X2
    Daredevil
    The Hulk
    Lord Of The Rings:ROTK
    The 2 Tarantino ones coming out
    Terminator 3

And whatever tickles my fancy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tarantino only has one movie out this year AFAIK (Kill Bill). He has a cameo in another (which doesn't count!)

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

out of all the superhero films I'm looking forward to DareDevil the most, as that was my favourite comic when I was a nipper.

.... needless to say it will probably be crap now :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

HMMmm....Let me see
    X-Men2 just to see if they messed up night crawler.
    LOTR: The Return of th King Who isn't?
    Freddy Vs Jason Should be interesting:)

Theres a few I want to see this year
    Hellboy
    X2
    Dare Devil
    Hulk
    The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    Matrix 2 and 3
    T3
    Pirates Of The Caribbean
    Finding Nemo
    Kill Bill
    Shanghai Knights
    Dreamcatcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Darko
    Theres a few I want to see this year
    Hellboy
    A lot of us would like to see Hellboy this year.
    Unfortunately, it's slated for a 2004 release.

Advertisement