Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 18-09-2014 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

So last christmas my parents decided to split up which i did not mind as i don't get along with my father at all he is sly and manipulative. So they have been to the courts and my mother has just been absolutely crucified by him making allegations and giving no money at all to us. He is self employed so when they went to court he closed his business (apparently, i still believe he's working but have no proof) just so he wouldn't have to pay her for anything he give 50 euro a week and that is all mortgage isn't paid she i currently paying all the bills and we found out yesterday with all his 'dole money' that he has f**ked of to spain for a 2 week holiday. Has anyone any advise on what she can do her solicitor seems to know f**k all in my opinion as my poor mother has had no good day in the courts. Also if she was to leave the house will she still get what is rightfully her share of the house when its sold. Because he won't sell and he's holding it over her he even tried to take my brother by bribing her saying ill give you money the house what ever just give me ... So we want out ASAP so thats the main question .IF she leaves will she still get a percentage when the house is sold

Thanks for your help in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

So last christmas my parents decided to split up which i did not mind as i don't get along with my father at all he is sly and manipulative. So they have been to the courts and my mother has just been absolutely crucified by him making allegations and giving no money at all to us. He is self employed so when they went to court he closed his business (apparently, i still believe he's working but have no proof) just so he wouldn't have to pay her for anything he give 50 euro a week and that is all mortgage isn't paid she i currently paying all the bills and we found out yesterday with all his 'dole money' that he has f**ked of to spain for a 2 week holiday. Has anyone any advise on what she can do her solicitor seems to know f**k all in my opinion as my poor mother has had no good day in the courts. Also if she was to leave the house will she still get what is rightfully her share of the house when its sold. Because he won't sell and he's holding it over her he even tried to take my brother by bribing her saying ill give you money the house what ever just give me ... So we want out ASAP so thats the main question .IF she leaves will she still get a percentage when the house is sold

Thanks for your help in advance

If her solicitor knows "f**k all"in her opinion, she may need a new soliciotr. It is quite difficult however when someone is, as you suggest, attempting to conceal income. You could spend a lot of time and money on fees trying to prove that. If that is your opinion as she has had no good day in court, I would respectfully suggest that many people don't have any good days. It's tedious and emotionally draining and often things move more slowly than people would like.

Regarding the allegations- Judges are used to mud slinging. I wouldn't be overly concerned about what he says unless he has evidence to back it up.

Regarding money - you refer to "us":I don't know how old you are but your father may not be required to maintain you any more. Her maintenance is based on what he and she both earn and need etc

Regarding the house- everything gets looks at... the house, the income.. the other assets. It's impossible to know what the circumstances are from your post and even guess at an outcome i.e. the house could be mortgaged to the hilt with no equity anyway?

Advertisement