Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Percolation Test

Options
  • 22-09-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

what;s the going rate for a perc test good enough for submission to Planning? I'm in Drummin, Mayo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You don't need a percolation test...you need a Site Suitability Assessment Report.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mfwic_47

ok, but I would think they're the same. If the ground doesn't perc then it's not suitABLE

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

€500-€600 + VAT, excluding digger hire

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

Got mine for €450 incl vat, digger driver and water.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Thats about €360 excl VAT. Take away the digger cost and its hard to believe that you would get a site suitability assessment carried out correctly for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

Rabbo wrote: »
    Thats about €360 excl VAT. Take away the digger cost and its hard to believe that you would get a site suitability assessment carried out correctly for that.

Well i did, both digger driver and assessor live within a mile or two of the site. I knew neither prior to this. He does them all the time for council and they never queried his report. Happy to Pm his contact details. He does Wicklow, Carlow and Kildare I believe.

Advertisement