Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tuxedo

• 12-01-2003 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Being a big fan of Jackie Chan and his movies, I was hoping to expierience another Rush Hour, or at least something of RAW ACTION from his earlier films.

I did however, get suspicious when I saw that Jennifer Love Hewitt was the Co-Star. Hardly a promise of great acting.

The film started badly, progressed painfully tacky, and ended with a *sigh* of dis-satisfaction. IMO its a film that will go out of theaters quite quickly. Its a MADE FOR TV MOVIE.

Special Effects does not a movie make. And while Jackie has great flashes of Martial Arts as is his style, the special effects take from his skills, and you begin to wonder is this man actually performing his own stunts....

Jennifer looked as hot as usual. And most likely that is what she was hired for.

If you are going to see it, watch out for a guest appearance from a GREAT GODFATHER. That at least I enjoyed :D

The best part of this movie was the ending. A cliché I hear you shout. Well no. The ending WAS the best part of the movie, with the silly funny outtakes that is standard with Jackies films. Watch Jackie get hurt, laugh, act the fool. Great comedy and always produces a chuckle.

Jackie had been away for a while since his last outing, and although I still believe that he is utterly brilliant, I wish he could have come back with a script and cast that he so deserves.

2 outa 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Was actually looking forward to this one, dont sound so promising now, dont think he will ever be as funny as he was in rush hour, or have the great action from his earlier films, but hell, we can hope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Movie was so-so. Outtakes at the end had me laughing out loud. There were some (not enough!) very funny scenes during the movie, though. James Brown for one. The fight in the hotel bedroom was well done.

But like every Jackie Chan movie, you'll forget everything after a nights sleep.

Sneak in for the end credits if you have to. :)

Oh, and Jennifer Love Hewitt? Mmmmm......

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Out-takes at the end of a movies is THE cheapest way to get a laugh so you didn't think it was as awful as you did before them. Wouldn't piss on this drivel, would pay full price to watch the opening 15 minutes of gangs of new york please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

AH im disapointed to hear youre bad reviews. So i supose i shall be avoinding this one now and waiting till it hits video!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Good point, well made.

Advertisement