Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 16-11-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was just wondering..
    how long is the time length between applying for the driving test and getting the date for it?

I'll be applying for my test in Carlow, on the RSA website it says the waiting period is 9 weeks. But basically I need to apply for it now and I dont want to be in a situation where I get it right before christmas and have to fork out a small fortune for lessons etc..

So should I be ok untill after christmas or is there a chance I might get it before?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

You are normally given 4 weeks notice of your test date so you should be notified in roughly 5 weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Thanks for that MascotDec85

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

You can also call them when your are ready to see if there was a cancellation. I was advised to do that and got a place straight away, but you need to be prepared to be flexible.

Advertisement