Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky + Box Prob

• 28-05-2004 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Recently I have started to lose the Astra 2d stations ie: BBC 1 BBC 2 and all the Irish Channels (N0 satellite signal being recieved notice). The only way I get them back is by a reboot.This lasts for a couple of days and then it goes again This with an Irish card. When I put in my FTV card I get my BBC South West etc. I also dont have problem with my 2nd Sky box in another room with an Irish card, so its not an dish or LNB problem so it appears to be either the Sky+ box or the Irish card that i am using in it
    Has anyone experienced this problem? and is there a remedy before i get on to the techis in the underground caves in West Lothian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

There is a fault which can occur due to compapatbility issues between certain makes of digibox and brands of Lnb, but it is more common in ordinary Panasonic boxes,not Sky+,but it does cause loss of BBC and RTE channels.

There is a reply from Watty in this post, which tells how to identify if indeed this is the problem http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1456058#post1456058

I do not know if this will help but it is worth a go. You could also try the box on a friends dish for a few days to see if it is definitly a problem with the Sky+ box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

Yeah, I think it's something to do with an incompatibility between the Sky+ box DiSeqC 1.2 signalling and the LNB. Panasonic's (and seemingly) Pace Sky+ boxes are most affected, but I think some Grundig models are also slightly affected (but only very slightly).

Advertisement