Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I damage my cards if...

Options
  • 24-05-2004 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I recently brought a FTV card that shows ITV/C4/C5 It cost me €190! I got it for BB5
    I have to keep swapping the cards a couple of times a day to watch a prog on C4, like say if BB live is on E4 then I will take the card out and put back in my Irish Card to get E4, Just wondering if all this card chaning a couple of times a day could damage them or signals?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

The cards will damage if used like this for a long time, you should be OK, Also the contacts in the digibox may become lose, As I said you should be OK.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 happycamper

Well it will go on for just over 2 months, Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Should be Okay I've been swaping cards for years and never a problem (touch wood) but when I have the card out of the box I keep it away from electrical equipment incase it might effect the chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

€190??????????!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bloody hell man, you've been screwed!!! That's one rip off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Its a rip off alright but that seems to be the going rate on ebay €150-€190, theres a guy posting on these boards and other places than is selling them for €150 says he has plenty of cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Why not get a second box!!!:) :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

I agree a second box and quad LNB could be picked up pretty cheaply. The older boxes can be got very cheaply and an added benefit is the fact that your card will never miss a "keep alive" signal and become deactivated from lack of use

Advertisement