Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + how long does it take....?

Options
  • 21-05-2004 8:52pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am going to ring Sky on Monday how long will this take....?and would I be better of going to a shop or just ring Sky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Independents are usually more reliable

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

search,search,search,search,search.........

ah found it!!!!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158847

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tribb99

We rang and ordered Sky+ yesterday and it is being installed next Saturday.

Sky is actually cheaper at moment as they have reduced their installation charge.

If you are a new subscriber they have a deal for 299 euro which is sky+ in one room and a second digibox in another room (15 extra a month) as long as you take the 61 euro package (all channels, movies and sport).

As we are an existing subscriber we are paying about 380ish (can't remember exact figure) and they will move our existing box to another room and install sky+ including the quad lnb.

The price I got for an independent was about 465 to do this because they were charging 75 installation and 75 to move the box and 15 delivery as i was outside co dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Sounds like a good deal, good luck with it, I think you will love sky +

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PK - the king

Next Saturday? :dunno: :dunno:

I was meant to get installed this saturday gone by, and your man never bothered his arse getting out of bed because "the sky company in the republic was shut".

Good luck with it anyway. Let me know how you get on...

• Advertisement

OK. I should have been warned. Today was the day for the Sky + installation. By 10am no phone call from engineer so I knew then really. Husband now on second phone call to Sky to report no show of engineer!. This is the second saturday he has had to wait at home for the engineer. Sky will be receiving major grief now! Last saturday he waited as the f***wit at sky gave him the wrong date for installation. When he ordered on the Friday the f***wit said "Oh, we can do it tomorrow!!" so that was last saturday a wash out until he rang and was told today! So, be warned anyone!!

Hate that Tribb99!!! Same thing happened to me a week ago today - no call, no engineer. So I told sky to frup off and I went to ESB and ordered it there - free installation (of digibox or sky+) AND sky sports & movies (and sky+ sub) free for one month too!!! And the great thing is, ESB use ElectroPlus, who are meant to be very reliable!!! I wrote sky the snottiest e-mail there on Sunday - and got some crappy standardised reply.

Anyway, hard luck - I know how you feel :dunno: :dunno:

Well we were told that the earliest appointment was Tuesday week which is unacceptable. So said we would cancel it as we were that upset we were gonna to Ntl (yeah right!!). So surprise surprise we were told to ring Monday morning when Sierra are open!!! and then they could try and sort out an earlier appointment.

Will check out ESB before ringing though.

Forget Sierra!!! They don't give a $hit about any of their customers - literally!!! Forget sky completely and go direct to ESB!!! Save yourself money - free install, free premium viewing for one month?! Sounds damn good to me!!! And, the installation will probably be faster, more reliable and done to your satisfaction!!!

Sky must be getting an awful lot of calls about Sierra and their arse ups!!! They must be pushing away a lot of potential customers, too!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How are the ESB when it comes to getting the old box put into another room.

• Advertisement

Is the ESB deal only for new subscriptions???

I'd be interested about the relocation of the old box as well!

Can't find any details on the web site. May ring one of the shops tomorrow.
    (Which branch was it btw?)

If ESB is cheaper may well tell Sky to stuff it on Monday. From what they are saying it has already been cancelled anyway. Apparantly (we were told today) if the installation doesn't happen on the day of the appointment the whole order is cancelled and a refund issued and has to be redone from scratch!!

Advertisement