Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House with Sky

Options
  • 14-05-2004 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me what options I have regarding Sky Digital when I move house? I'm out of contract. The new house has an exisiting SkDig dish in place already.
    Do I pay fees? Can I re-apply as a "new" customer?

Suggestions appreciated.

seedubya

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If the new house has a phone line you could re apply, then maybe get a quad lnb and use your existing box for bbc in another room. Sky offer a discount deal for moving house also so thats worth checking out.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

if u dont want any new services just take ur box and plug it in and away u go.

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by GBCULLEN
    if u dont want any new services just take ur box and plug it in and away u go.

gb--

of course yes, forgot you mentioned that dish was already in place.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

Hi
    If the new house has a phone line you could re apply, then maybe get a quad lnb and use your existing box for bbc in another room. Sky offer a discount deal for moving house also so thats worth checking out.

How much extra for the company to install a quad lnb instead of the single lnb and not wire the second digi box. This could be done later but at least the quad lnb is there.

PadraigL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

How much extra for the company to install a quad lnb instead of the single lnb and not wire the second digi box.

Why not DIY its easy peezey if you can get at your dish easily. Remember to disconnect box from mains when changing over!!!:) :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭seedubya

Thanks all,

Just opted for the plug and go approach.
    I suppose I'll have to inform Sky of my change of address in order to receive new cards etc.

Regards,

seedubya

Advertisement