Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden sulphur to improve soil -HELP

Options
  • 06-05-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

hI All

Anybody any ideas where to pick up some garden sulphur
    My soil is to alkaline for plants/trees - I'm a newbie gardener and of course planted all before i found this out

its a tiny garden 12 ft x 10 ft

or if anyone has any ideas how to make soil more acidic - i'd appreciate any help

don't want my tree dying - ( only 1 tree - like i said small garden lol )

thanks
    james

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

gsp119 wrote: »
    hI All

Anybody any ideas where to pick up some garden sulphur
    My soil is to alkaline for plants/trees - I'm a newbie gardener and of course planted all before i found this out

its a tiny garden 12 ft x 10 ft

or if anyone has any ideas how to make soil more acidic - i'd appreciate any help

don't want my tree dying - ( only 1 tree - like i said small garden lol )

thanks
    james

You should get it in any garden centre or DIY chain. Digging in peat moss, compost, leaf mould etc.will also help. If the tree is only newly planted it's roots will not have had time to adjust to soil conditions. What is your soil Ph and how did you determine it? Most plants are quite happy at about Ph7, it's only the likes of rhododendrons, azaleas, pieris etc. that would prefer a lower Ph.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Matter of Interest What tree is it?

Advertisement