Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+/ Mirror Sub Phone Prob.....

Options
  • 25-05-2004 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

I have had sky+ installed a while ago and a mirror sub on my old box and recently I have been getting letters saying phone lines aren't connected and I have 4 weeks to ring them and sort the problem out or I loose the offer on my mirror sub.

I rang them and told them both boxes are connected and they say there not.

Has this happened to any one else and I was on to them today to get the person who installed it back out but i cant see the problem because the digiboxes say they are connected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

On both boxes try the following:

Go into the services menu and do a forced callback:
    • Services
    • System Setup
    • 01 Select
    • New Installation
    • Follow Procedure

Then ring Sky tomorrow and ask if both calls that you tried succeded.

At that rate you will know if the boxes are functioning for callbacks or not.

After that you can start to identify possible problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

Originally posted by Davexirl
    I have had sky+ installed a while ago and a mirror sub on my old box and recently I have been getting letters saying phone lines aren't connected and I have 4 weeks to ring them and sort the problem out or I loose the offer on my mirror sub.

I rang them and told them both boxes are connected and they say there not.

Has this happened to any one else and I was on to them today to get the person who installed it back out but i cant see the problem because the digiboxes say they are connected.
    This is a common problem and, usually, is down to Sky's computer system having some sort of 'glitch' with the account details associated with the mirror card. That, apparently, causes the mirror card to try to phone home to a number which doesn't exist - and Sky then say it's not phoning home.

Unles you are ahead of the game, Sky will try to charge you for sending out an engineer, he will change your box for an inferior one and it still won't phone home (because the problem has nothing to do with the box but is all to do with Sky's computer systrem). The only way to resolve the problem is to get through to one of the very few people at Sky Technical who knows how to fix the problem. Have a read of then below - it will almost certainly help.

http://p206.ezboard.com/fsatcureforumfrm7.showMessage?topicID=26.topic
    This problem occurs on a double box system mainly because of an 'account' problem.
    Access Sky News and try an online vote, do it on both boxes.
    If the vote goes through it is not a modem or phone line problem.
    Only Sky technical can fix this fault. Their number can be found in the listed phone numbers that you can call up through the services menu. When you ring them have ready the details of the box, eg version and serial number and card number. The problem normally occurs on the primary box, that is the original box installed.

If the Sky news vote does not go through try putting a phone into the extension that leads to the digibox, just unplug the modem lead from the phone line. If the phone will make and receive calls then the phone line is OK and it is a modem fault on the digibox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I've being getting the same letters but the guy who did my install only connected up one box to a phone line. I have connected up the other box myself now so I hope that Sky can recognoise that.

Funny I should have replied to this thread as I too got a letter from Sky today, but in this case it is my own fault as I disconnect all other lines from the telephone socket while online and sometimes forget to plug them back in!

However I did a forced callback fron both boxes, and rang Sky straight away, they were able to confirm reciept of both calls, within minutes.

They did suggest that it is also acceptable,if I think I may have missed a callback, to do a few of these forced calls each month randomly, in case the box actually misses a callback instruction over air,as well as ensuring the boxes are connected at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Mredmond

I had also been getting these annoying letters, despite both boxes being connected to phone lines.

I've just followed the procedure advised within this thread, ie

Services
    System Setup
    01 Select
    New Installation
    Follow Procedure

and now have absolutely no channels. The default transponder settings are picking up nothing. What should I do?

As the title says, HELP!

• Advertisement

This should not cause a problem, reboot the box by unplugging it and waiting a few minutes.

The default settings are: 11.788, V, 27.5, 2/3.

Make sure these are entered in No.2 of the Installer Menu.

Edit: Sorry did not see your other thread.

Advertisement