Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunpoint

Options
  • 28-05-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

So, three years later it seems Gunpoint is finally getting released, on June 3rd to be precise. In case you missed it in the other threads its been mentioned in, Gunpoint is a funky stealth puzzle game being developed by Tom Francis, a journalist for PC Gamer, using Gamemaker.

Here's the original trailer which shows off the basics of the game...

And the latest gadget trailer...

Pre-orders and demos are available on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

gizmo wrote: »

Pre-orders and demos are available on the website.

I watched two minutes of this and I love it already. Animation style is class, and the electronic re-wiring system is very original.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It sounds great. Then again Subversion sounded great - and, indeed, a lot like this - but Introversion pulled the plug on that because every level boiled down to the same thing - rewire the system to beat the building, and they didn't think it was enough fun to sustain a full game. Let me just get my fence-sitting cushion out of storage...

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

So who picked this up? I got it a couple of days ago and it's fantastic!
    Really recommend it. The level editor is a lovely addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

played the demo yesterday, love the fact even my crappy pc can run it.
    great fun, great animation style!

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Playing through it at the moment. Its good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

yJMZ1HR.gif

I nearly died laughing first time I saw it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Belatedly getting around to this thanks to its inclusion in the latest Humble Bundle (one of the only games I hadn't played), and what an absolute gem. It's a great mix between puzzle and stealth mechanics - figuring out the elaborate combinations of rewiring needed to grab or hack the necessary items, but also figuring out how to react when things go to ****. Plays great for the most part, bar some fidgety rewiring from time to time (more the fact that the level's circuits start to grow more convoluted). There's a lot of really great secrets and unexpected twists to the mechanics, with plenty of laughs to be had when you finally realise the slapstick potential of the standard tools. Anyway, well worth a go while it's in the bundle, especially since several of this and last year's other best games are included too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

having bought this part of the humblebundle bundle couple of days ago I started it today , Its absolute joy and with a level editor with it I can definitely see myself playing this for quite some time. :L

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a brilliant game. I got it as part of a Steam sale, and didn't really know anything about it, but got really into it once i started. Bloody tough at times, but very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Looks like something you could find on Newgrounds... :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kiith wrote: »
    Bloody tough at times, but very enjoyable.

I finished it the other night, and while I thoroughly enjoyed it all, I would have liked a bigger challenge, or a handful of other levels on the same scale as the last few. It did just seem to draw to an end while there was a bit of life left in the mechanics - perhaps the user created levels offer that.

Nonetheless, overall it was a smart and supremely entertaining effort. The mechanics are full of nuances, and the puzzles are extremely engaging. A very pleasant surprise.

Advertisement