Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound Equipment

Options
  • 12-05-2012 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

We are a young band from Roscommon. Unfortunately we don't have much experience on the music scene, yet, but we hope to get there, albeit slowly :p

The question i had though was we recently acquired a full sound rig, Bins, Tops, Sound Desk, and Power Amp, plus all the necessary leads and cables. But when we try to set it up (power to bins, bins to tops), we only get power out of the bins. If we run the power straight through to the tops we get power and thus noise out of them.

If this isn't enough information and you want the brand of Power Amp, Mixing Desk, etc. I'll be more than happy to get it for you. I'm sure it's just a connection problem along the way somewhere, just figuring out where is the problem.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Are you using a crossover or is it:

Desk Main out (L&R) into P.A then into the bins/top.
    So you're daisy chaining from the bins into the tops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ImAHorse93

Yeah we connect the the power amps straight to the bins, the connect the bins to the tops.

So is it a connection problem along the way somehwere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Can you provide make, model etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

If your bins have 2-way crossovers then more than likely, your link cables from the bins to top cabinets are wired incorrectly, or if you're sure this system worked for someone else, try reversing the link cables. The mid-hi output from the bins may be on pins 2, so you need to connect to pins 2 at the bin end, and 1 on the top end.

Speakon connectors (except cheap ones) have 4 contacts:
    1+
    1-
    2+
    2-

Hope this helps...

g

Advertisement