Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kronenbourg now in Superquinn

Options
  • 24-10-2013 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Got a box of twelve small bottles last Saturday in Swords - 12 euro. Wonder is it being rolled out in all the supermarkets or was this a once off special offer? Its been a while since it was here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Got a box of twelve small bottles last Saturday in Swords - 12 euro. Wonder is it being rolled out in all the supermarkets or was this a once off special offer? Its been a while since it was here.

Had to bump this. To my surprise they had 660ml bottles for 3 quid in my local Supervalu, none of the off licences or rival supermarkets have it on sale, this beer is so rare, was delighted to see it! :) That is after a few years of Kronenbourg been out of stock south of the border. (not NI)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

moxin wrote: »
    Had to bump this. To my surprise they had 660ml bottles for 3 quid in my local Supervalu, none of the off licences or rival supermarkets have it on sale, this beer is so rare, was delighted to see it! :) That is after a few years of Kronenbourg been out of stock south of the border. (not NI)

Is it the real stuff or brewed under licence?

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Is it the real stuff or brewed under licence?

Nothing about brewed under license. Most of the label seems to be in the Italian language with http://www.beviresponsabile.it/ as prominent with a splatter of english. See attachments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Thanks, interesting it's produced and bottled on Italy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I've never understood the fuss. The likes of Stella - another pale Euro lager - would get you pretty close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The front label on the neck says 'La Premiere Biere Francaise' which I roughly translate to mean: 'the best French beer' but it's brewed in Italy by Carlsberg :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

This is a common occurence in beer production.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,347 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ravelleman wrote: »
    This is a common occurence in beer production.

I'm familiar with the general practice that most Asians beers like Cobra, Tsingtao, Tiger etc. are brewed under licence in Europe.

To see a beer claiming to be French that is brewed in Italy by a Danish brewery is stretching things a bit.

It's like buying a bottle of Bushmills with '1608' on the front label but when you read the label on the back, it says that it was distilled in Spain by Pernod-Ricard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I used to drink a lot of those small bottles in College "BIERE DE FRANCE" I think it was......

So how come an Irish supermarket can import beer from Italy which is French and also that beer which has been withdrawn from the Republic market for the last few years since the Heineken takeover of Beamish? Are Supervalu our heroes in the interests of the beer consumer in delivering a product in demand where they go to the ends of the world for us? I dunno, its baffling ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

moxin wrote: »
    So how come an Irish supermarket
    I think the big supermarkets obey the wishes of distributors and the smaller ones don't care.

The eurospar near me (now a supervalu but owned by the same people) often had 5% heineken alongside 4.3% heineken. I it was a supervalu before and I think it still had the 5%. It was scottish market heineken and was cheaper than the 4.3%.

Tesco have 330 & 660ml bottles adn says they are "new", there is an offer starting tomorrow -6x330ml for 9.49

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285003025
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=285019197

By the way an update which some if ye already know. Kronenbourg is now everywhere on the shelves. From Dunnes to Tescos to Supervalu\Superquinn to my local Centra\Spar, its like as if there has been a massive importation. Yayyy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

1664 is pish

Advertisement